Bring back the old Necrons! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 01:15 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Love that this is your first post @PopularSauce . Welcome to Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
STAMPS FOOT......"but I want it for my vanilla marines!"
I will relish in that there's something you guys don't have for the time being. Sucka!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 04:59 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Nothing wrong with the current Necrons but I think the old necron had it's charm with rank after tank of warriors. Now you could still play necron as such. You got no Gun to you head to buy one of each Box for your army. I warriors, immortals and monolith is your thing then go with it.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 05:16 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

I miss pariahs, they got rid of one of the most original and unique things about the necrons with that - bringing them into the new fold would be awesome I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 08:27 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
I miss pariahs, they got rid of one of the most original and unique things about the necrons with that - bringing them into the new fold would be awesome I think.
This I agree with. Hell, plastic pariahs with a supplement ruleset and even a rudimentary army list or allies matrix would be great. They're too ingrained in the lore to just wipe out completely.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 03:19 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

So you're petitioning an army to have less variety? Seen it all now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Default Hold on...

I think the point of this has been obscured probably through the fault of myself and my friend who started the petition, I do apologise. The idea is not to eradicate the new units, but to de-bling them so to speak. The new Wraiths would look awesome if it wasn't for the sheer amount of orbs that cover them. They used to be mysterious and sinister, now they are coated in layers of "showbiz".
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Thanks, it's certainly been interesting The other 40K forums took this quite well.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 04:31 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

@PopularSauce , what flavour is popular sauce? Also, I dont play necrons, but much prefared the fluff when they were completely mindless like the space version of the undead/borg collective. Personally I dont think G.W will give a fuck about a petition, you'd have to organize a successful boycott of necrons and hit the profits big time for them to raise an eyebrow!

I do understand your point about the "bling" on the minis, the in vogue style in G.W at the moment is (in my opinion) to cariacture their factions, Dark Angels for example look like they took a normal marine dipped it in glue and rolled it around in a Dark Angels bits box. Oh and welcome to the Heresy, you have certainly hit the ground running, enjoy the stay, even though you are a filthy xeno lover!

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 05:45 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Just saying, my Necron army is pretty much all Immortals, Warriors, and a Monolith with Scarabs running everywhere because I liked the old style Necron stuff from when I was a kid more than what they've become now. It's not like they aren't cool and effective now with way more options and such, I just like the idea of the zombie robot army more than I like the idea of a super advanced robot race from hundreds of thousands of years ago.

I'm not about to start a petition or anything but I can definitely see where our OP is coming from (even if it's just the new aesthetic) just like I can see why the people who now have a versatile and strong army are happy about where the 'crons are nowadays.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 07:29 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularSauce View Post

Thanks, it's certainly been interesting The other 40K forums took this quite well.

Yeah, welcome aswell! You'll see that here at Heresy we discuss and vent our opinions unlike other forums! Hope you have a look around and share your army and tales of lost and won battles.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
40k , army , necrons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode