new army V2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Default new army V2

Okay well I'm thinking about taking a break from my Sanguine spectres and dark elves for a while and I'm thinking of starting one of two armies. Witch hunters or orks. I have my reasons to collect both but I would love for people who have experience wit hboth or Has ery good experience on one of them to inform me....

So far I really like an inquisitorial theme for witch hunters with lots of stormtroopers and inquisitorial units, assassins, flegellants and the like, mainly because the models look bad ass and I love the story for them... plus they can be used in ver small amounts as allies for my marines.

Orks on the other hand are the more fun, different play style, have a lot of new brilliant models coming out and are easy to get lots of them...

any ways on expanding on these please enlighten me.... Thanks y'all!!

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 10:25 PM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Orks are best when playing in a completely random and hillarious nature. Witch Hunters, on the other hand, are most fun if you're a super-serious fluff player. I'm more of the latter. Which you are will depend on how much fun you'll have : )

1500pts Celestial Lions
1000pts Warboss Judge Skull'Umper
500pts Vostroyan & Cadian 119th
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

I'm kind of both really... I make fluffy lists but still go out of my way and almost screw my game just so I can say I penetrated your rhino's rear :D....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

any one got any tips or ideas to help me choose? and rolling a dice didn't help because when I did it landed on it's corner.... It scared me

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 02:57 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think the problem with your two choices is that they're so contrasting in nature. Perhaps it would help people help you make your decision if you could tell us the reasons you like both armys? Then people can give you positives and negatives stemming from them.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

So far I really like an inquisitorial theme for witch hunters with lots of stormtroopers and inquisitorial units, assassins, flegellants and the like, mainly because the models look bad ass and I love the story for them... plus they can be used in very small amounts as allies for my marines. I want to go for more stormtroopers over Sisters as I Like the look of the models and they're something about being the most trusted normal humans in the galaxy.... they would be more of a fluff style army

Orks on the other hand are the more fun, different play style, have a lot of new brilliant models coming out and are easy to get lots of them... You have the ability to take any vehicle you want and ork it up, they are very different to what I play at the moment and they can follow a theme while still being a very random and fun army

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 07:26 PM

Son of mortarion's Flag is: USA

Location: Running a dark mechanicus forgeworld somewhere in the warp

I would go ork. It will be a more significant change. I started a modest ork force, and now I have two armies I love. when I am tired of modeling plague marines, I work on my orks.

check out the entropic reaper or remain a vagrant on the sidewalk of life.
[http://entropomancer.blogspot.com/
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking the same thing... I might go the slow way about it and get a few orks and in between every set amount I'd get a witch hunter box...... But I'd prefer to do one army at a time... What have you to say about witch hunters SoM?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 07:35 PM

Son of mortarion's Flag is: USA

Location: Running a dark mechanicus forgeworld somewhere in the warp

I prefer it to be a "pure" sisters of battle force, with as little inquisitorial stuff as possible, but that is my taste. I think I would like the inquisitorial stuff (the models) more if it didn't look so much like an after thought.

check out the entropic reaper or remain a vagrant on the sidewalk of life.
[http://entropomancer.blogspot.com/
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-08, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

I see a lot of those kinds of armies around and I wanted to be a little different by going completely inquisitorial..... That would be more of a modelling and display army over an actual competitive one... Although I'd like to face the challenge of getting it to competitive levels

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode