why, Dante, why? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Default why, Dante, why?

As the BA codex was made for 5th. edition , everything after dark angels was, why does dante have a master crafted power weapon if he has preferred enemy? He rerolls al failed rolls to hit so why does he need it? is it just to sound cool? Or am i missing some rule?

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 01:36 AM

Urm...as far as i know the BA codex wasnt made for 5th but 4th and its been around for a little while
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

either eldar or dark angels, maybe even chaos, and everything after them, they were all made with 5th edition in mind..... think of them as prologues to 5th.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 07:02 PM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

Because with Master Crafting he can get a re-roll when he attacks a tank with his axe?

OR

Jervis screwed up in the same way he did for Tycho and Preferred Enemy: Orks in the 4e version (it has no actual effect) and the lack of Access and Fire Points on our transports. Or any of the other bitz of piss poor effort in the PDF.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, except that they didn't fix any of it in the "NEW & IMPROVED!" 5e re-release of the PDF.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 08:08 PM

revenant13's Flag is: USA

i thought master-crafted allowed re-rolling missed hits and prefered enemy means hitting that guy on a +3 always?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

it was but with 5th ed preferred enemy alows you to reroll failed rolls to hit.... And the only way I see the codex changed for 5th. ed was they dulled down transfixing gaze.... there are rumors of a rerelease around autumn next year however.....

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
And the only way I see the codex changed for 5th. ed was they dulled down transfixing gaze....
I like it and i think it's kinda better too. Before it was enemy leadership, any decent enough model that you would actually want to do this on would have like LD 9 or 10. Now it's your leadership and it takes away an attack (no minimum to 1 in sight btw).

Quote:
there are rumors of a rerelease around autumn next year however.....
Really, that would be pretty awesome.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

ha I read it totally wrong then. Nice one, thanks hooman. the rumor was posted up in this thread although it wasn't from an official GW-reliable source

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...t=18837&page=2

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 05:55 PM

bl0203's Flag is: USA

I'm not to concerned about the MC weapon, however why couldn't they give him eternal warrior? It makes sense doesn't it? He is one of the oldest space marines running around the galaxy, and quite a bad ass!!!

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 07:41 PM

well when the codex was created, there was no such thing as eternal warrior except for the Phoenix Lords, and that was a rule just for them. I'm surprised that he doesn't have an adamantium mantle though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode