Marneus, love or hate? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

sgt macragge's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks dark angel dentist for the advice, other guys: could you keep on topic. Notice the thread says Marneus not Lysander. Yeah the morale/leader ship test is good. Do you think it would be good to take a few squads of honour guard? Maybe add a banner?
Does he have 2 powerfists and one master crafted storm bolter?

AND YEY IM A SENIOR MEMBER AND IVE ONLY BEEN IN THESE FORUMS FOR ROUGHLY 2 MONTHS YEYNESS!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Lost Prophets, Slipknot, Rise Against, PARAMORE, Linkin park, Funeral For A Friend, AFI, Mindless Self Indulgence, Avenged Sevenfold and Evanescense RULE!!!

Farcry 2, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4

psn: Daniel-016

add me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 11:37 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm not experienced enough to comment on his tactical qualities but it's a nice bloody model.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt macragge View Post
Thanks dark angel dentist for the advice, other guys: could you keep on topic. Notice the thread says Marneus not Lysander. Yeah the morale/leader ship test is good. Do you think it would be good to take a few squads of honour guard? Maybe add a banner?
Does he have 2 powerfists and one master crafted storm bolter?

AND YEY IM A SENIOR MEMBER AND IVE ONLY BEEN IN THESE FORUMS FOR ROUGHLY 2 MONTHS YEYNESS!

Apologies just that we where onthetopic and inthe end it resulted in good comparison but, honestly if you want looks calgar works that real good with his squad, performance, and self model look.

P.S- ty LH

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 01:46 AM

If your taking calgar i would say in a squad of assault termi's not honor guard having more than one honor guard or squad to go with calgar will shoot you in the foot points wise as its a good thing to have alot of tacticals, so it stick with calgar + assualt termies, true not as many attacks but they dont die as easily if you go with Thunder hammer/storm shield, if you go with 5 assualt termies with hammers and shields its 200 pnts, if you you want to go with the honor guard its 210 for 5 and the banner like you were talking about, and at lower points assault termies are probably going to give you more bang for you buck, just have to realize that that is literally a third of your army point cost for 6 models
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 06:05 AM

BloodANgels89's Flag is: USA

Yeah, the whole 30 honor guard in a 1500 doesnt sound so great :p. He's great, but liek I said earlier, he doesn't benefit the army as a whole, just can swing down an avatar in a couple rounds of combat. Save him for high pt games.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

How bout 2000 point games? Oh and by the by im normally play against chaos and ig

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Lost Prophets, Slipknot, Rise Against, PARAMORE, Linkin park, Funeral For A Friend, AFI, Mindless Self Indulgence, Avenged Sevenfold and Evanescense RULE!!!

add me!
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 10:37 AM

Netganks's Flag is: Australia

i put him in games off 2000+ he's too expensive for games below 2000, i like him because he's so strong but he's too expensive for a 1500pt game
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

yeah the 265 points hurts plus 210 for hon guard. thats 475 pts and i could buy 2 terminator squads and rhino for that

add me!
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 12:15 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

Calgars and amazing model and I've seen him take out 3 Killacans signal handed in a game so he's worth it if you can get him into combat quick.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 12:46 PM

I would say that although calgar is awesome, save him for the big games.
In small games he's just a points sink.

Also, at 250pts all he has is T&W4 and a 3+ Armour Save, defense wise, so you basically have to give him the armour of thingamawotsit, so that's 265pts, and then you'll want some termies to act as bodyguard, probably assault termies as he has got two powerfists, so thats 465pts for just 6 models, or 665 for 11 models, and with only 9 and 14 wounds between them, respectively.

So whilst these numbers might seem ok in apocalypse, you don't want him in smaller battles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode