Combat Squad - Stop moaning about the Heavy Weapon rule :P - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Combat Squad - Stop moaning about the Heavy Weapon rule :P

Well, basically pay the full points cost for 1 squad, and with the combat sqauds special rule, you have 2 squads, one with flamer and one with missile launcher. Comes in handy, and you can have 12 5 man squads. For the price of 6 10 man, I hope this is correct lol, otherwise I will look a complete idiot haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 07:51 PM

Wish i could do that....
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 04:56 AM
Banned

i hate it as i put togehert and army and built it as 6 man razorback squads with a plasma gun and lascannon if needed and now u have to have ten men at least before special weapons its crap

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liger View Post
i hate it as i put togehert and army and built it as 6 man razorback squads with a plasma gun and lascannon if needed and now u have to have ten men at least before special weapons its crap
I think a better way of looking at it is you have to have 2x5 man units both only taking up 1/2 FOC slot for troops and no pts cost to get the heavy weapons.

uh 12 scoring units... who is complaining about what again? I know it sucks that things changed, then again change rules all ;)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 07:00 PM

im really liking the combat squads, ill take the 10 man with a flamer and hb or rocket launcher depending on who im fighting, split up the squad 4 guys with the heavy to stay static, then the sarge with the flamer and 3 others rapid firing using the flamer to toast people and/or using the pistol then charging with the sarg's 4 pw attacks on the charge, working really well so far and all together its like what 195 points without transport? lol gotta love it
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 07:24 PM

i would defo prefer to have it the chaos way.. eg 5 man u can have a special weapon then for 10 u get a heavy. and yer but if you combat squad 6 units you will get DICKED in kill point games so badly.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 08:00 PM

It is nice being able to effectively double your scoring units, but I think that not being able to take weapon upgrades unless the squad is 10 men was kind of an uneccessarily drastic change on GW's part. I just don't see the logic in it aside from the assholes wanting to force people to buy more models. Like myself, there were a lot of players that built their squads at less than 10 men during the 4th ed. Dex' and now that the rules have changed they are being forced to buy more models to make their army legal. Heaven forbid you modelled your army to represent the now non-existant Traits (something I did). All the money I spent to convert my Marines is now gone to waste. Just a couple examples:

Sure the models look cooler than your typical smurfs, but theres no practicality to them having a Bolter and Chainsword any more.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 08:32 PM

I wonder how is kill point games a problem here. Surely when u realise its a kill point game being played you just refrain from splitting up all the squads. You get to choose to split or not at deployment and so offer less points to your opponent. TBH to me this combat squad tactic is looking all the more uber to me as time marches on.

I am green therefore I am
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
I wonder how is kill point games a problem here. Surely when u realise its a kill point game being played you just refrain from splitting up all the squads. You get to choose to split or not at deployment and so offer less points to your opponent. TBH to me this combat squad tactic is looking all the more uber to me as time marches on.
then you are either "wasting" a spcial weapon and sergeant or a heavy weapon if you dont combat squad never mind the rhino/razorback that you WILL be buying for the unit..
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 09:13 PM

Son of mortarion's Flag is: USA

Location: Running a dark mechanicus forgeworld somewhere in the warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin4696 View Post
then you are either "wasting" a spcial weapon and sergeant or a heavy weapon if you dont combat squad never mind the rhino/razorback that you WILL be buying for the unit..
so, are you saying that all players will follow the same pattern and always take transports?

as for the razorback, it is an option for those that don't want to take big squads, but want a heavy weapon, you do get a tl weapon with it.

check out the entropic reaper or remain a vagrant on the sidewalk of life.
[http://entropomancer.blogspot.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode