King Slayer Campaign - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-25-15, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Default King Slayer Campaign

Just got this from a few stores on Facebook; appears to be a UK-wide GW store-based event. Buy a 450pt Unbound army, build it, get your comp score, go along and play games.

Who's going to do it? I can tell it's going to be a huge train wreck, but I'm tempted to give it a go all the same (although having to buy new stuff is enough to turn me off on it).

This is the comp system my local GW posted which I believe will be used all over.

12032965_1038576042854748_4215822417107899166_n.jpg
12039425_1038576032854749_1870084951452863819_n.jpg

Let's laugh at it;

1. No, Grey Knights, you're not allowed to be a viable army. You can just sit there and hemorrhage comp score. At least you can bring 2 Dreadknights with Personal Teleporters, Daemonhammers, Heavy Incinerators and Heavy Psycannons for almost exactly 450pts - sure, it's 10 comp points, but I don't see your options here.

2. Lol Tyranids - your viable HQ is going to set you back 7 comp points by himself. Build an army that must include a character but gets massively penalised for a Flyrant at 450pts. I dare you.

3. So... Dark Eldar just don't get comped unless they bring Flyers? Because let's face it at 450pts you're not going to bother with an HQ, you're just packing Blasterborn in Venoms with a random Dracon somewhere.

4. Wraithknight costs a whopping 10 comp points, but I don't see much killing it at 450pts (my proposed force totally could, but that's an exception).

5. Go go MSU single Crisis Suits for Tau. Chaos can just pack Obliterators and laugh. Oh, you need a character - Ethereal and Cultist Champions it is then.

6. Shooty Terminators give up more comp points than Centurions.

7. Skitarii in Drop Pods will not be comped at all. Winner!

8. Necrons will not be comped at all (because they're AV11/11/11 + 2/2/0, so they slip under the heavy vehicle comp). Not even Wraiths.

Right, you've got ten minutes. Make me some lists!

SPACE MARINES
Tigurius
3 White Scars Centurions with Grav Cannons and Omniscope
Drop Pod

Comp score: 6

NECRONS
Canoptek Harvest
Tomb Spyder
6 Wraiths with Whip Coils
3 Scarab Bases

Necron Lord

Comp Score: 4

ELDAR
Farseer
2 D-Cannons
2 D-Cannons
2 D-Cannons
Comp Score: 3

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 09-25-15 at 03:01 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode