Death storm tyranid builds - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-15, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Default Death storm tyranid builds

hey all, I'm new to nids and got death storm but I read a lot saying the way they say build the Warriors and fez is just plain bad lol , I've not got nid dex yet but want to build midels so I'm turning to fellow heresy members to help me build them into effective units . Cheers all in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-15, 09:21 PM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Are you planning on keeping the formations that come with the deathstorm book? As some of the formations only work with certain builds, some opponents might not let you play them, but if you are just getting deathstorm for the crazy value than I would suggest building the warriors all with similar or the same weapons, so they can fill a single battlefield role. For example, I gave mine lash whip and bonesword + rending claws, as they are my combat warriors that are joined by my combat tyranid prime with 2 pairs of boneswords (mini swarmlord ) but I only did this because I already had a full unit of warriors with rending claws + a deathspitter. So in the end it is up to you, but think about your usual opponents as well as what you think looks cool!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

With the Warriors would u just have one warrior with a ranged or all 3 ? Also what's the best fex builds I hear the best at moment is 2 twin linked devs , is there any other decent ranged builds just find the 4 devs look a bit funny

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 01:16 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
Also what's the best fex builds I hear the best at moment is 2 twin linked devs
I have faced this several times and hated every minute That's a ton of good shots that will get dice rolling on a very durable platform.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 08:30 AM

About the warriors, it depends on what enemies you are facing for whether you have one or three ranged attacks. I find that if you have 3 deathspitters in a unit, thats 9 shots, so it can do damage to most infantry units, but, don't forget that you can have melee and ranged attacks, because (even though it can get very expensive) you never know what you are going to go up against during a game. In regards to carnifex builds, rules-wise definetly 2 twin linked devourers, but you can never go wrong with scything talons and crushing claws, especially when, as you said, twin linked devourers look very silly on something as big as a carnifex. With my deathstorm carnifex, I made old one eye, which is another viable option, also making the tyranids force a legal army straight out of the box.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltedUrizen View Post
About the warriors, it depends on what enemies you are facing for whether you have one or three ranged attacks. I find that if you have 3 deathspitters in a unit, thats 9 shots, so it can do damage to most infantry units, but, don't forget that you can have melee and ranged attacks, because (even though it can get very expensive) you never know what you are going to go up against during a game. In regards to carnifex builds, rules-wise definetly 2 twin linked devourers, but you can never go wrong with scything talons and crushing claws, especially when, as you said, twin linked devourers look very silly on something as big as a carnifex. With my deathstorm carnifex, I made old one eye, which is another viable option, also making the tyranids force a legal army straight out of the box.
does the fex box come with everything for old one eye?
my normal gaming groups I could end up facing anything really, never tailor a list for a certain enemy, so I copuld face anything from orc/guard blobs to gk and other marine armies, and even dark elder and elder.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-15, 09:17 PM

Yes, the box comes with a full kit of warriors, fex, genestealers etc, that is why the box is such good value. So if you have a variety of opponents, then I would recommend deathspitters + rending claws on the warriors, as vs orks or guard or even other tyranids, three shot ap4 is invaluable, but you can still get through space marines via rending in close combat. In the end it is up to you, but my usual opponent is necrons, so ap4 goes a long way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode