what do you do while painting mini's - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 05:25 AM

DkMiBuch's Flag is: Denmark

I'm not sure if I hate painting, or if I find it therapeutic. Perhaps the hatred is therapeutic?
Anyway, I try to take my mind off it by having a tv show running in the background. Mostly shows which don't require much attention, and I've watched before.

If I put on music, it has to be stuff where I either don't know the lyrics, or it's purely instrumental. Or else I kinda have to sing along, and that messes up my painting quite a bit

Just got back into painting again after about an 18 months break!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 09:47 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkMiBuch View Post
Just got back into painting again after about an 18 months break!
Woo velkommen tilbage!

(Potato language for "Welcome back!)
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 11:52 AM

Been having exams so haven't got done in the past couple of months (not that I got much done before that either) but building, I will generally take my hobby tray thing to the living room and build while I watch a film or tv with the family, the grooves underneath let it sit on your lap quite comfortably.

For painting I will set up the table in my room and will generally have the radio on in the background. I also use it as good time to catch up on TV series, most of my Game of Thrones veiwing is done while painting as I don't like to just sit and watch stuff as I feel like I'm not being productive.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:53 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Podcasts and audiobooks. Fill up all that free brain bandwidth with noise you're busy listening to while your eyes and fingers are on autopilot working on the minis. Music works in a pinch, certainly, though doesn't often engage and distract the brain to the degree that, say, Welcome to Night Vale does. I'm more likely to listen to music if I'm writing fiction or something: more background noise than foreground attention-demanding stuff.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 07:47 PM

DkMiBuch's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Woo velkommen tilbage!

Thanks, brother! Can't wait to get my ass handed to me in those monthly painting deathmatches
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 08:24 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Woo velkommen tilbage!

(Potato language for "Welcome back!)
That's not Irish you bloody heathen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 08:05 AM
Feed

I have one of those handy hobby vices to hold my model still so I can drybrush with one hand and leave the other one free to flog it as hard and as fast as I can. There have been several injuries but I'm no quitter.

Sometimes I yodel as well, just because I can, even if the neighbors say I can't.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 02:23 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Watch TV box sets or listen to podcasts.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 07:21 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I have one of those handy hobby vices to hold my model still so I can drybrush with one hand and leave the other one free to flog it as hard and as fast as I can. There have been several injuries but I'm no quitter.

Sometimes I yodel as well, just because I can, even if the neighbors say I can't.
I believe you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-15, 06:34 PM

Lectures on youtube, mainly. That way I'm more educated than I was than when I started. My last run was the Stanford seminars.

Wealth is created when we use new knowledge to create new things or improve efficiencies.
This technology, along with people pondering applications using type three levers is literally a new mechanical revolution in waiting. There are going to be many patents, from people who're curious and can tinker.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode