Space Marines: First Look - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 07:36 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
So, is it true that Calgars gauntlets are no longer unwieldly, so that he strikes on initiative 5? Is this a mistake that they will FAQ at some point?
It's true and unlikely the FAQ it. He's a Ultramarine after all - Can't have everyones favorite smurf getting nerfs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 07:49 AM
danyboy's Flag is: Poland

C'mon, he is Lord od War with 2+/4++, T4, 4 wounds (and for sure Feel No Pain from Warlord Trait table) for 275 points.
Give him SOMETHING cool, or his armour once again will cover dust....
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

It says about how the Gauntlets of Ultramar are surprisingly dextrous for their size, so no, I doubt it will be FAQ'd.

Calgar still probably isn't worth it for 285pts (yes you are bringing Armour of Antilochus because standing around for a turn to fire your Orbital Strike is total drek). Losing his old 'choose to pass morale checks' rule really hit him hard.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 10:29 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
In fairness a chunk of Necron stuff doesn't enjoy (essentially) twin linked Hellfire rounds being rapid fired then overwatched into their faces either.

I think I might actually just play my Raven Guard using Ultramarines tactics... But at least I can now field my 30 Scouts for reasons other than "The fluff says I should".
The alternative could be to just play RG using the FW Raptors chapter tactics & get a benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_barwn View Post
The alternative could be to just play RG using the FW Raptors chapter tactics & get a benefit
Yeah, Raptors are an option and Lias Issodon is a really good support character which makes their Tactic a lot more tempting than they look at first glance, but I'm still not sure if I think the Raptors tactics are very good - and they still don't help out Scouts very much, or Assault Marines at all, and that's what most Raven Guard players want to see. Correct me if I'm wrong, RG players, but I though their whole schtick was Scouts doing the black ops song and dance being all commando, then massed Assault Marines springing out of nowhere once the Scouts have done their work.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 07:17 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Scouts get the benefit of Concealed without the need for the formation, and Rending Bolters is very synergistic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-15, 09:23 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

just reading over the book now a few things that sprang to mind for my Black Templar army. if I want to use any of the formations I need to lose my crusader squads and take tac with BT chapter tactics. my storm talon which I have just finished can't go anywhere unless I buy one more and a storm raven ( which I had no intention of getting). I think I will tend to lose out using the formations.
possibly use the strike force command as I always field Grimaldus and the EC.
the only formation I see working really well will be the land raider formation I like the idea of fielding my three crusaders.
I suppose I could use my Neo's as a 10th company task force but that just takes away the fluff from the army.
I think it will be the good old CAD with the landraider formation for now. however if they errata the demi to "crusader squads or tactical squads"

I won't be able to get the benefits of the gladius if I want to run my crusader squads, and if i'm reading it right I have to take at least one core choice (which I can't) so I can I can only get benefits from the other squads. I think

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-15, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Yeah, BT can't bring the Demi-Company and by extension the Gladius Strike Force, but there's nothing stopping them taking a Combined Arms Detachment plus any of the formations (however, Strike Force Command might not be a formation - I thought it was just additional dudes you could add in a 'miscellaneous' slot).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode