I feel stupid asking - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-08, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Default I feel stupid asking

I'm starting a chaos undivided army using my own renegade chapter the doomed serpents and want to have sum berzerkers in my army and i have noticed in most of the chaos army's i have seen they are standard berzerker color except for the black legion were besides there heads and shoulder pads they use black legion colors. Would i be able to do it with my army using my army colors or is it just the black legion. Because when i use red it never seems to come out right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-08, 09:16 PM

Son of mortarion's Flag is: USA

Location: Running a dark mechanicus forgeworld somewhere in the warp

there are three main ways to do 'zerkers, paint them in a khornate scheme, and paint your warband's colors on their shoulders, or, paint them like the black legion, except in your colors and with red on shoulderpads and or helmet, or entirely in your colors, and take a toothbrush with red paint or chesnut ink and flick it on the model.

check out the entropic reaper or remain a vagrant on the sidewalk of life.
[http://entropomancer.blogspot.com/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-08, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for reply i thought i could just wanted to be shore u bin great help

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-08, 10:05 PM

All of those a good suggestions to get over a Khornate 'flavour'.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with you painting them how you wished. I think the berzerker models are distinct enough to be obvious... if I was playing a chaos army and my opponent plonked down a unit of bone-white or dark green berzerkers, I wouldn't think, "oh they can't be berzerkers, they're the wrong colour". I would assume they were berzerkers, and expect him to tell me if they weren't!

I run a Blood Angels list, but use Chaos models. As a result, I paint them pretty much as 'straight' Blood Angels. The tac squads are red, with red helmets; the dev squads are red, with purple (blue) helmets; the assault squads are red with bone (yellow) helmets; the Honour Guard will be red with brass (gold) helmets; the Death Company are all chainaxe-wielding berzerkers wearing black... Apart from the spikes, they pretty much look like a Blood Angels army.

In general, I find that it's best to help your opponent as much as possible with identification... if things aren't quite as they "should be" I think it's best to keep them as close as you can, so something like the red shoulder pads would be a good plan. Which might mean you need tips on painting red, sorry...

:apologetic cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode