GW finally getting it right? - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

Well considering I'm refusing to buy anything in relation to warhammer fantasy until they finally drop the bomb and present the reboot I think they are messing up rather than getting it right. Why would I buy something that may be useless in a month or two time. As for 40k it's a bit hit and miss, I think they missed some opportunities to introduce more to the necrons but then they introduce Harlequins as a separate force, yet they still haven't done anything with Sisters of Battle.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 02-27-15 at 11:43 AM.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 12:12 PM
Herald of The Warp
 
Nordicus's Avatar
Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 2,752
Reputation: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
yet they still haven't done anything with Sisters of Battle.
I was wondering how long it would take before this argument came up again - It's been almost a week since someone complained about that army not being re-released.

I think they're on the right path personally - I'm excited for each Friday as new stuff comes out and the pace they have going currently is really nice. It always takes time to adjust to a new path, but I like their current agenda and if they keep improving then we should see some interesting results in the coming year or two.

As with everything, they don't get everything in the first try - But painting tutorials, news every week, package deals where you save money and a focus on getting more of the less known armies out there seems good to me. Not to mention the absolutely staggering quality of their new plastic minis.

I don't think about pricing in this hobby, as it has always (and will always be) a expensive hobby. I care enough about rules to see some irregularities, but I don't play tournaments so I don't care about that. As long as my games with my friends and my gaming group are fun, that's all I care about.
Nordicus is offline  
post #73 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 01:19 PM
Warsmith
 
Uveron's Avatar
Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,190
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I think they're on the right path personally - I'm excited for each Friday as new stuff comes out and the pace they have going currently is really nice. It always takes time to adjust to a new path, but I like their current agenda and if they keep improving then we should see some interesting results in the coming year or two.

As with everything, they don't get everything in the first try - But painting tutorials, news every week, package deals where you save money and a focus on getting more of the less known armies out there seems good to me. Not to mention the absolutely staggering quality of their new plastic minis.

I don't think about pricing in this hobby, as it has always (and will always be) a expensive hobby. I care enough about rules to see some irregularities, but I don't play tournaments so I don't care about that. As long as my games with my friends and my gaming group are fun, that's all I care about.
I have to agree, the world is not a perfect place. But the Friday email from GW always makes me happy and when I am working the day-shift its the email I wait on all day, and when working nights its the first email I open up when still in bed at 4 in the afternoon.

Sure it costs a bit, but not that much when compared to my other hobbies and I am still using (and re-using) alot of the stuff I brought in the 1990's. Unlike.. well anything I own..

GW is not Finally Getting it Right. Because the have been doing it Right since the 1980's.. My life is a happy place because of the product they sell.

Uveron is offline  
 
post #74 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I think they missed some opportunities to introduce more to the necrons but then they introduce Harlequins as a separate force, yet they still haven't done anything with Sisters of Battle.
to be fair the necrons did get possibly the biggest 40k release of all time maybe only a close second to the dark eldar last time around, they really didnt need anything, and arguably the harlequins were lacking representation vs there popularity, as for sisters well, i suppose its a hard pill to swallow for the small number of fans that they dont have new minis, but sometimes you have to realize that sisters are not even as important as clowns in space, imagine that for a moment, your army isnt even important enough to warrant new stuff ahead of elves in leotards wearing multicoloured wigs.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #75 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 02:15 PM
Herald of The Warp
 
Nordicus's Avatar
Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 2,752
Reputation: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
imagine that for a moment, your army isnt even important enough to warrant new stuff ahead of elves in leotards wearing multicoloured wigs.
Nordicus is offline  
post #76 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Matcap's Avatar
Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 409
Reputation: 20
Default

Matcap is offline  
post #77 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-27-15, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

I was just using it as an example of hot hit and miss things are in regards to releases, I wasn't trying to provoke anything.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
post #78 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-28-15, 03:24 AM
jin
Senior Member
 
jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 205
Reputation: 8
Default

The better quality of plastic miniatures is like the better quality of neurophenomenology -
both are directly due to advances in fundamental (materials) sciences. GW deserves no more credit for their plastic models than does a dentist for the spectacular tooth replacement he can image in his office and then order online. One must separate the horse form the horseman, here.

GW is like every other institution into which trust was placed and from which all the lifeblood has - in the course of my lifetime - been drawn.

These are the golems of ancient magic, armies of self-assembling selfish-genes.
And, all is laid to waste in their path...

Frankly, this is as immersive a game as is American football or FIFA.
As it has been ruined similarly, by a similarly especially predatory thread of humanity,
it is no mystery that they should proceed similarly - engolemed, now a machine pursuing nothing other than the self-serving satisfaction of its 'directors' and 'investors' - parasites.

Money, after all, is the key to undoing this mythos - fiat currency is more a fantasy than a Sister of Battle. I have known some Sisters, they were merely born too early. I have never seen paper money worth anything on its own. It takes a zombie or a trained animal to make that happen.

GW business minds may be marginal from mainstream neo-classical Keynesian-Friemanian neo-shylockism to recognize that long term and stability means caring for the earthen supports rather than the heavenly pleasures.

That being said, what in the 40k universe is more heavenly than Sisters of Battle and Inquisition vs. killer (elven) clowns in space?

The middle path, my friends...

Then again, see fabulous Dicaprio GIF, above, for reality check.
jin is offline  
post #79 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-28-15, 03:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Einherjar667's Avatar
Einherjar667's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,459
Reputation: 10
Default

I am with Uveron 4000%, and he's getting rep as soon as I get back to my computer tomorrow. I love what GW has been doing, Warhammer 40k saved me from one of the darkest periods in my life, it pulled me up from a toxic bout of prolonged depression and deep anxiety and I haven't fallen back into it since. I have a world to escape into, armies to mold with my imagination, skills to develope, releases to look forward to, worlds and adventures to read about, and like minded peers to interact with.

I am a happier person today thanks to Warhammer.
Einherjar667 is offline  
post #80 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-28-15, 10:29 AM
jin
Senior Member
 
jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 205
Reputation: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
I am with Uveron 4000%, and he's getting rep as soon as I get back to my computer tomorrow. I love what GW has been doing, Warhammer 40k saved me from one of the darkest periods in my life, it pulled me up from a toxic bout of prolonged depression and deep anxiety and I haven't fallen back into it since. I have a world to escape into, armies to mold with my imagination, skills to develope, releases to look forward to, worlds and adventures to read about, and like minded peers to interact with.

I am a happier person today thanks to Warhammer.
man I am with you completely.
this is my go to crafty space - i am not into fantasy football and other pure spectator sports trivia.
especially i enjoy the modeling and collecting and the theater and most of all
the most rewarding part of 40k is that people learn how to talk about the rules that govern their actions, and they learn to do it civilly, reasonably, openly, and discursively (rather than violently and directly).
people learn to use context to their advantage, to employ limited resources in the satisfaction of goals, and make the most of setbacks...
still, that is warhammer.
not GW.
jin is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome