GW finally getting it right? - Page 19 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-10-15, 02:09 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post

I think GW have, by and large, done a good job balancing the new game and source books for a more mature audience again.
totally agree..i feel that the game now is built on layers..yes the codex maybe losing some of their flavors and seem a bit weak..but i feel that really for new players..so they can get into the game faster and easier..and then for the veteran players there are so many choices or layers that they can add to play the game they wish..
so as ive stated before complaining about it really serve no purpose when you can easily create the game that you want..forge the narrative..if your a WAAC player well then your screwed..just have to deal with it..but for the hobbyist ther is so many cool and exciting ways to play now.

Last edited by Tawa; 03-10-15 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote link. T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-10-15, 02:24 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

I saw an interesting column on Spikey Bits as I was trolling the internet last night.

Basically included a response from Rick Priestly, the man who is credited to have invented 40k, and I thought that some of his comments were rather intriguing.

Quote:
It’s perfectly fine for GW to turn its backs upon wargaming in favour of modelling and collecting if that is the vision of the current management. But the result is that many customers who are or have been passionate about GW’s games do feel marginalized.
Quote:
...if GW is sincere about changing its market stance (and does not lose its bottle and start to back track – which is still possible) it opens up the market to any number of new companies that are interested in games, gaming and gamers! That won’t do GW any harm so long as they are determined to abandon that market – and it would leave them to concentrate on a mixture of high price highly profitable collectibles and licensing its IP out into other media – always something I felt was under exploited due to fear of losing control at the top of the business.
Interesting to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #183 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-10-15, 04:20 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

My dream for WHFB/40k is pretty much for GW to keep making miniatures and fluff and just hand over the game itself to another company. *cough* FFG *cough*

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

post #184 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-12-15, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

GW would never allow a third party to write the rules besides does ffg have any experience in writing a massive tabletop wargame as complex as 40k has become Come to think of it who else does ?
Maybe im a fanboy and dont see the faults but truly who does have a game as game as complex as 40k , number of armies, number of units per army, number of models per army, vast array of vehicles land and air based, scenery and special rules, who else out there could be trusted to balance it while keeping it fast paced and enjoyable and most importantly profitable?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #185 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-12-15, 11:48 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I actually think the game is becoming far more balanced then at any time I can actually recall

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode