Storm raven gunship attachments - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Storm raven gunship attachments

I've just got a gunship and I'm wondering what the best weapons would be for it. I was thinking because of power of the machine spirit making it a anti-infantry and anti-tank. Something like lascannons and adding on the hurricane bolter sponsons. Not sure though. Help!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 08:12 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I think you need to concentrate wholly on one or the other. The hurricane bolters don't really compliment the lascannons. On top of that the SR is an assault vehicle so is going to be getting up close to enemy infantry, so maybe plasma cannons would be a better option. They are a pretty good all round choice.

Bare in mind I've never actually used mine because SWs don't have access to them, so I could be totally wrong.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 10:30 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

I tend to find that the bog standard load out with maybe hurricane bolters if you want extra infantry killyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 11:43 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

i use the stromraven in the stormwing formation..and i run it basically the same in both the ravenwing and ultramarine lists.
the first thing you need to decide is the role its going to take as thatk will determine the weapons and the point you want to throw into it.

to me the standard configuration with MM and AC does more than enough..but im using it more for anti air.
with the Ravenwing i throw on the sponsons but i find combined with the banner of devastation its total over kill.

it works reaaly great with assault squad or terminators..if you want a cheesy thing to do purchase the sky shield landing pad..i cant give the points that way the storm raven can be on the table T1 so you assaulting turn2 haha
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 01:05 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I run both of mine with multi-meltas and lascannons, and if I need to fill in 60 points I add the sponsons. I need the high AP weaponry, and the sponsons are nice for the occasional PotMS strafing run or gunning down spread out units at close range.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 02:56 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I'll never forget my baptism by fire into stormravens: I was playing a mech list, and the blood angels player came on with two of them with lascannons and multimeltas, plus missiles and an assault cannon. Pop pop, potms with the multimeltas, each storm raven was killing two tanks per turn. Ow.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 05:21 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

I run mine standard with psybolt and hurricane bolters for Grey Knights. Expensive, but they sure pare down units so that when my eversor assaults from its hold things disappear from in front of it.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode