How to rank my players? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 06:59 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

My gw doesn't allow proxies or seats
Seats I imagine is to save space, and I have no problem with it
Proxies is to force sales... If you want to try something out, you gotta buy it
But IMO this spoils the meta and gets nowhere...because people,just DONT buy the model, why should I spent ~20 on something I don't even know I'll like?
When I can put 20 on steam, +patience for sales and end up with 2-3 games I'm pretty sure I'll like and play?
This all means people end up with the same lists every week because they can't afford/don't want to spend the large monetary investment in creating change...

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 07:59 AM

Really? not allowing seats? I wouldn't be able to game if there wasn't something available to sit on.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 09:09 AM

My pervious local store had to allow seats back a few years ago because of the aging population of the gamers oh and the guy who was in a wheel chair . When they moved from their old location to new they got the guys who installed it to make 2 tables that could be height adjustable so he could play. This also helped for the younger kids who were playing as well, as previously they had to stand on footstalls and stuff. Also meant that because of the smooth mechanism that raised and lowered the table you could adjust the table down for nice photos on your cam-phones that you didn't have to hold your arm high in the air to get a good shot of the whole field.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 09:24 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
im pretty sure its a GW thing to force sales..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
My gw doesn't allow proxies or seats
This is a store manager thing though - GW doesn't have any policy on these two matters, as I've discussed it in detail with our Copenhagen store. In terms of playing, it's up to the store manager how strict they want to be. Plenty of people proxy models in that store, although I haven't seen any chairs.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 10:05 AM

The proxy issue is a bit of a weird one. I think they will tend to say no a lot of the time due to the need to sell stuff. Or tell you that you can only proxy 1-2 times before having to buy the model if you want it. Also it depends how much of a proxy it is as well. If you are just saying "I want to try my raptors out as warp talons" then I think most will let it go, but if you say you want your terminators to count as Obliterators then they might argue the call.
The strange thing is as far as I know (don't generally go in to my local GW to much) they don't sell magnet kits. These things can be insanely good and they could make a lot of money selling them to people who want to use a Melta 1 game and Plasma the next, or have a Maulerfiend they want as a Forgefiend the next game (examples of 2 things I normally magnet). If a kit has some essential parts required by both things but end up in different places I tend to try to recreate them out of modelling clay or greenstuff or frequently for pipes I can use pipecleaners / straws or various sizes.

Then again my Proxy Heldrake is great and I use it a lot. It is made from an Eldar Crimson Hunter and I have some magnetised bits I add to it to make it chaosy and have feathered wings and the front end gets a lower jaw.

Last edited by mayegelt; 07-05-14 at 10:08 AM.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 11:07 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I doubt you will ever see a mag kit from GW. They would rather have you buy more models.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 11:09 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I doubt you will ever see a mag kit from GW. They would rather have you buy more models.
I think they should, it would make them money
Because how many people actually do buy 4 tactical marine box sets for each combo?
They would rather buy some cheap magnets...

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 11:16 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Ebay armies for sale say otherwise. It may be getting popular now to use magnets but past history supports thier buy more approach.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 11:30 AM

The magnet kits are out there for people to buy anyway. Though not everyone wants to have to pop down the hobbycraft store or go online to buy them. But it is all free money if they did sell them.
A pack of 100 costs about 1.50ish to buy http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Bargain-100pcs-Neodymium-Magnets/dp/B00AAWEH9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404559226&sr=8-1&keywords=magcraft is the normal ones I get.
But probably costs about 50p for them to get hold of to sell. Also with GWs general mark up + because of the convenience of being able to buy them in store with your models they could probably sell them for about 3 for 100. Also selling Magnetising kits such as a special drill and brush to clean out the holes they would get their return on it easy enough.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-14, 01:27 PM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

To the OP. Kick the WAAC players out. Seriously. Its your store, you set the tone and if people are ignoring you tell them to play somewhere else. If you feel nice give them a single warning. Something along the lines of "Start playing nice or go somewhere else". When you have WAAC players that refuse to adjust behavior it actually makes you lose sales you would otherwise get from players who don't show up. That is not sustainable.

Once you've gotten them out then set up a weekly play night that has prizes. Make up some sweet objectives numbered one through six and give one out each night to players that get two league games in (Maelstrom of War missions only). Each game you win gets you a ticket into a drawing at the end of the league. Then, at the end of the league have a drawing for a store credit.

The point is to get people playing regularly again, hopefully forming a habit.

I cannot emphasize enough that it is your store and YOU get to set the tone. If you don't you are not providing the best service to your customers and they will abandon you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode