How to rank my players? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Not shocking that no one listens to you or cares, if you spend your time focused on your painting studio. Main reason the store here went belly up. The owner didn't spend enough time with his customers.
that is far far from the truth...my customers always come first..i bend over backwards for them..thats why im so frustrated..i try to give my guys the best service price and gaming experience my budget will allow..the painting studio is always a side line to the club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 08:39 PM

Trouble is as you said is alienating people by telling them that they are poor players who aren't good enough or some people are to good for the rest of the group.
Having a mix of Vets nights and Casual only can help. But you can end up dividing your customers or accidently telling people that they are rubbish if you say not to come to the vets night.
In general people will learn to avoid Timmy Power-Gamer because they are douches who will twist rules and work out power armies that become almost unbeatable. OR they just have the money to buy everything they could ever need and tailor their army to each opponent. They will also get the reputation as a WAAC player and wont get many games apart from against other WAAC players, or those who want to knock them off their high horses.

Having nights that you have low limit games can help as well. I know some people will still massively min-max for even a 500-750pts game, but in most cases people will get the idea.
Having Kill Team nights as well proved popular because even with the min-max players vs the casual ones you can have big upsets in the 200pts game.

You could if your boards allow it, modify the terrain to include more or less scenery. Knowing the players of the WAAC armies are all Tau for instance then throw up a load of high walls with siding doors for those nice melee armies to hide behind with no LOS from the enemy. Of course being able to open these doors to go through.
Or if they use a load of bikers start making tarpits or something to make them have to drive the long way around.

Some of the best ways to make the WAAC players get knocked down a peg or 2 is make up special missions of your own. Create stories and scenarios that have weird objectives that the min-maxers might not be suited towards, but your average army will be.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 09:12 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Some of the best ways to make the WAAC players get knocked down a peg or 2 is make up special missions of your own. Create stories and scenarios that have weird objectives that the min-maxers might not be suited towards, but your average army will be.
Or, in my experience, force them to play the new Maelstrom of War missions. WAAC players hate those missions with a passion, as the games are much more random - And random is fun... Unless you are powerplaying.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:22 PM

May I ask 2 questions that you may think are irrelevant but to a newish player with business experience, I've wondered for a while:
Do you allow gamers to sit down to play?
Do you allow proxy models?
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Having nights that you have low limit games can help as well. I know some people will still massively min-max for even a 500-750pts game, but in most cases people will get the idea.
Having Kill Team nights as well proved popular because even with the min-max players vs the casual ones you can have big upsets in the 200pts game
this is true..what i do currently is hold a sunday morning class and vets are not allowed..and what i do is basically teach people how to beat a WAAC..also to help the beginners speed up their learning..so we talk tactic lists unit load out etc
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Or, in my experience, force them to play the new Maelstrom of War missions. WAAC players hate those missions with a passion, as the games are much more random - And random is fun... Unless you are powerplaying.
this also annoys the mat hammer twits aswell...
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Jonny B;1794474]May I ask 2 questions that you may think are irrelevant but to a newish player with business experience, I've wondered for a while:
Do you allow gamers to sit down to play?
we Have 4 tables one for the taller lads 2 for the shorter lad and one for card games...the big tables are not really able to sit and play..but we have stools available.
Do you allow proxy models?
We are such a laid back club..or i try to makeit that way,,we allow almost anything..i try to emphasis fun and camaraderie..not WAAC [/QUOT
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:37 PM

Cheers Fatmantis. This is a GW store I talk about and those 2 points I raised they do not allow. Basically, stops me from playing. I could learn a whole lot more and spend a whole lot more if they did. Not sure if that's GW rules or house rules but it must affect others. Good job my local clubs allows them.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
Cheers Fatmantis. This is a GW store I talk about and those 2 points I raised they do not allow. Basically, stops me from playing. I could learn a whole lot more and spend a whole lot more if they did. Not sure if that's GW rules or house rules but it must affect others. Good job my local clubs allows them.
im pretty sure its a GW thing to force sales..
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 10:52 PM

Can't work amongst those with 2 or less years experience. Just my educated guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode