7th Ed - what units might you take that you didn't before? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-29-14, 09:43 PM
Rattlehead

Also, obligatory reminder that bringing as many vehicles from Codex: Grey Knights as possible is now my main goal since they all come with Sanctuary and Banishment has been FAQ'd to WC1 for the people who honestly thought it would be WC3.

Power Field Generators and Sanctuary makes monsters. Sanctuary and Deathwing Knights makes monsters. Dark Angels and Grey Knights are a match made in heaven.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-29-14, 11:17 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I'll probably not bother with a Bloodthirster now and just go with Skarbrand. It's a bit broken when swooping results in more turns taken to reach combat
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-30-14, 08:58 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I will be tempted by the dark side of things: putting all my BA Assault squads in Drop Pods instead of Razorbacks/Land Raider variants so that their Dedicated Transport (that is now a scoring unit) can benefit from Objective Secured (since Dedicated Transports count as being the same FoC slot as the unit they were bought for) just to force my opponents to shoot at them instead of ignoring them as they currently do. Oh, you don't like my Drop Pod list because it brings the pressure? How about if all the Pods themselves can't be contested by units from Unbound armies??
That's dirty
But transports cap objectives? I always assumed vehicles were still a big no no :/ I haven't been able to get the rule book and have a look though, just a introduction game at the gw for it...mashed a knight Titan :D the thing killed more in death than in life... Went titanic and fell on top of my assault marines... Typical
If so, I might have to take same packages assault marines, hmm...
Do you think it's even possible to burn money this fast... It just doesn't seem right...

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-30-14, 04:04 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
But transports cap objectives? I always assumed vehicles were still a big no no
Vehicles have never been a no-no in my life. This is the future, what fun is it if there's no machines of war?! More seriously...everything is scoring now, even vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
Went titanic and fell on top of my assault marines... Typical
How'd you take it out? That optional 4++ seems like a tough nut to crack without a bit of dice luck.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-30-14, 04:09 PM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Vehicles have never been a no-no in my life. This is the future, what fun is it if there's no machines of war?! More seriously...everything is scoring now, even vehicles.

How'd you take it out? That optional 4++ seems like a tough nut to crack without a bit of dice luck.
10x TH/SS terminators :D
Unfortunatly he neglected to tell my about it's death throes... Else I would've kept my marines well clear... My termies handled them selves fine when it went down...
The three in front got sawn in half on the way in... But hey

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode