7th Ed - what units might you take that you didn't before? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 07:05 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

I realy want to try an IG infantry horde.... at between 1500 and 2000 points
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 08:48 AM
Feed

I'll definitely be running lictors now. Even Warriors, now that I can have my swarm AND my swarm leaders.

I'd also love to run two crones and two harpies. Financially this remains beyond my reach, but it is definitely on the cards. The new grounded rules just make them so much better.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 08:59 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Unbound list full of night lord raptors. That is all

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 09:57 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

three words

Tzeentch, flaming, chariots.

Zion pointed out that 7th rules make a chariots rider RELENTLESS, unless i miss understand that, or there's something else in the way that i don't know (i'm unsure) then by god, that thing has turned from 'joke' to monster!

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 12:08 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

I thought of another one. An all banshee list led by jain zar and throw them all in dark eldar raiders . Amazon women with power swords

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 07:42 PM

WIth my Dread Mob I've been using for a few years, I can finally field as many walkers as the points will allow for. My favorite change is that now that escalation is in the rule book, I don't need to warn my opponent about bringing a Stompa to the table for the sake of being courteous. It always leads to some form of list tailoring against me. One or two drop pods with full combi-meltas, or melta bombs that I know they would never take in the first place. Now I can bring one and not worry about them crying foul :D

Dear Lord the IG has tons of Dakka
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 08:18 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

I'm wondering if Unbounded would allow you to not have to adhere to Infantry Platoon composition, and thus allow Conscript armies? Rules seem sketchy, as it states you still have to follow unit composition with Unbounded , but platoons are not units per se...They are just a single troop choice on FOC and each unit within treated as individual units. I just think fielding an army of conscripts led by priests would be fun: Could build a story behind it saying they are cowardly convicts being forced into battle to gain redemption (like penal legions).

Also, I may finally start a mercenary/pirate force, made up of dark eldar, guard and orks. Is it true you can take as many allied detachments as you like now? If so, this could be made a reality very soon...Arggghhh!!! Me hearties!!!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 10:31 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
three words

Zion pointed out that 7th rules make a chariots rider RELENTLESS, unless i miss understand that, or there's something else in the way that i don't know (i'm unsure) then by god, that thing has turned from 'joke' to monster!

Exactly my thoughts. Burning chariots got immensely better for their cost.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 11:41 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
three words

Not really. It's still not that mobile as it can only move 6 if you want to fire, but now it can at least do it's job.
But it's hardly a monster. By that definition a Heldrake would be a supermcfablemonstertruckcartankkillerthingamajig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Burning chariots got immensely better for their cost.
I would say it can now finally do something for it's cost. This, of courses, pleases me greatly as I love the model (and own one), and now I have a reason both to use it and to get more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-26-14, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist View Post
I'm wondering if Unbounded would allow you to not have to adhere to Infantry Platoon composition, and thus allow Conscript armies? Rules seem sketchy, as it states you still have to follow unit composition with Unbounded , but platoons are not units per se...They are just a single troop choice on FOC and each unit within treated as individual units. I just think fielding an army of conscripts led by priests would be fun: Could build a story behind it saying they are cowardly convicts being forced into battle to gain redemption (like penal legions).

Also, I may finally start a mercenary/pirate force, made up of dark eldar, guard and orks. Is it true you can take as many allied detachments as you like now? If so, this could be made a reality very soon...Arggghhh!!! Me hearties!!!
Maybe if your buddy is ok with it, then sure, but I would argue it hah platoons are units, they just work separately. They count as a single unit in the codex until they hit the table. Unbounded or not, it would be like trying to only take dedicated transports without a unit that is dedicated to.

Dear Lord the IG has tons of Dakka

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode