How to get the 7th ed rule book - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 02:41 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I guess I'm just more interested in playing the game over reading two books I don't need to in order to play the game.
Oh I'm totally with you there, at least straight off the bat. However, I think I might delve into the books at a later stage, just for curiositys sake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 11:42 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I guess players just expect more these days, and that's totally fine. But in my eyes they are releasing the new edition just as they ever were - And even with a little bonus straight from the start, with the ability to only grab one of the books and take it with you. It's just the first time I've seen somebody complain over it, that's all.
My issue is that this new edition came completely out of left field and so soon after 6th was released. I think the triple pack is a great idea and is quite good value, but i haven't budgeted to spend another £50 on hobby stuff this month.

Since they are printing separate books it would be nice to have the option to just grab the rules for now.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-14, 01:32 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Well, wasn't 6th the very first edition to introduce a little lightweight only-the-rules book? To my knowledge (although it is limited, as I started in 6th) every rulebook I've seen from the previous editions have been those massive juggernauts of a book.
No, the starter boxes from 4e and 5e also included smaller compact rulebooks. Earlier editions might have as well but I started with 4th so that's as far as I know.

The drawback was having to buy the starter set, which not everybody wanted to do.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-14, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

I would like to have the starter set book straight off of the bat... But I can't pay £60 anymore than I can pay £50 and all of the extras are kinda wasted...
I do love the triple set now... It means that only 2/3rds of the money is wasted, not 2/3rds of the weight is wasted...
Now I only have to bring a ~codex sized book in, which means it fits in my case so I don't need to walk around blue water holding a huge case and book! which makes it awkward to do anything with both hands taken up.
I'm not whinging about three books... I love it, it's just now there's the option to just get the stuff I want... The rules whereas before there wasn't, within reason
Even if seperatly it's £20 a book... Gw makes £10 more sold seperatly and I don't have to buy all the crap I don't need

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-14, 11:28 AM

I remember 3rd the only way to get the rules was I the big box. I think 2nd was the same. 1st (aka rogue trader) didn't have a big box.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode