Give GW some love!!! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 08:21 AM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

I don't like GW, just as much as I don't like any large international corporation. The trouble with large corporations is that their main goal are not the customers, but the profits. Those two are unfortunately not exactly the same.
I sure can have some appreciation for people who work there, but I would never "give love" to a corporation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
but no matter what your belief you cannot...and i stress cannot condemn a company for their wrong doings and then buy their product anyway..that just makes you a hypocrite.
By that logic, I would starve out, because I would refuse to support food industry. It does not mean that you have to appreciate a company in order to benefit from its products. All you need to is like their products enough to decide to buy them and yeah, I like most of the stuff that Games Worskhop makes, so I buy from it.

The Emperor protects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 08:27 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen4e View Post
The trouble with large corporations is that their main goal are not the customers, but the profits. Those two are unfortunately not exactly the same.
I sure can have some appreciation for people who work there, but I would never "give love" to a corporation.
That is the goal with any size company, regardless of tinfoilhat theories. Any company who claim differently is lying through their teeth, trying to get the customers approval, so they can get more traction and thus more profit. Any consumer who thinks there's any difference between a small company and a large corporation on this front is not only fooling himself, but giving a unbalanced view on the market itself.

I approve of the message you're trying to get through @fatmantis . There's way too much negativity towards GW in general, no matter what they do. I will, for one, show them some love as I really like the approach they are taking to their products, their strategy and the overall way they're handling their games right now.

Keep at it
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
That is the goal with any size company, regardless of tinfoilhat theories. Any company who claim differently is lying through their teeth, trying to get the customers approval, so they can get more traction and thus more profit. Any consumer who thinks there's any difference between a small company and a large corporation on this front is not only fooling himself, but giving a unbalanced view on the market itself.

I approve of the message you're trying to get through @fatmantis . There's way too much negativity towards GW in general, no matter what they do. I will, for one, show them some love as I really like the approach they are taking to their products, their strategy and the overall way they're handling their games right now.

Keep at it
thanks man...you know its funny the question is often asked why postings are down...
and this is a prime example...nobody can make a simple gesture without people jumping on about capitalism and gw sucks..blah blah blah...it would be nice if people could just take the hobby..YES HOBBY as is is the good the bad and the expense..and just share...but all the social media sites are the same...just a place to complain...its such a shame...

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 09:31 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Done. Sent them a used condom in the post.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 09:47 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Sent them a used condom in the post.
He said love, not scars for life!
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 10:43 AM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Sure it is, but corporations do have the means to get away with it without appealing enough to people.
I'm not a big fan of small companies either(or free market in general for that matter), but at least they don't exactly have the means to be as aggressive as large companies are.

The Emperor protects.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen4e View Post
Sure it is, but corporations do have the means to get away with it without appealing enough to people.
I'm not a big fan of small companies either(or free market in general for that matter), but at least they don't exactly have the means to be as aggressive as large companies are.
OMG do you realize how wired that sounds??? you dont like big companies you dont like small companies..so how in the hell do you survive in this world? live in the sticks? gone bush? of the land?
this really was suppose to be a thread about the love of a hobby..not about capitalism or corporations..what is wrong with you people!!! are you all that sinical and jaded just because something costs money and im might not be 100% what you want?? considering you have the choice...thats really really sad
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 11:15 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Like, ohmygaaawwwwddd, you are, like, soooo silly.

Yes, you are coming across like someone out of White Chicks, fatmantis.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 11:17 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Yet another thread derailed
@Jacobite has his own opinion of GW and does have a point in that he spends money with GW and that should be enough.

I personally don't conform to this view but also see little point in making 'GW we love you!' posts, as they just descend into bitch fests. I do love a majority of what has been made and I'm really looking forward to the new edition. But then again I enjoy all aspects of the hobby and have plenty of opponents who play the for the same reason I play, to have fun with toy soldiers.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Yet another thread derailed
@Jacobite has his own opinion of GW and does have a point in that he spends money with GW and that should be enough.

I personally don't conform to this view but also see little point in making 'GW we love you!' posts, as they just descend into bitch fests. I do love a majority of what has been made and I'm really looking forward to the new edition. But then again I enjoy all aspects of the hobby and have plenty of opponents who play the for the same reason I play, to have fun with toy soldiers.
what doesn't end up in bitch fits on this site...??? it really does seem that the only threads that do well are the ones where people can get up on their soap box and throw a hissy fit....and yet the mods wonder why people dont post...this just makes me question what or if i should post again...it was just supposed to be something light-hearted..but derailed because of capitalism?? wow.......

im really starting to see why so many great members in the past have left.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode