Iyanden Wraith theme Eldar list advice? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-14, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

geneticdeviant's Flag is: Ireland

Default Iyanden Wraith theme Eldar list advice?

I want to try running an Iyanden list with a wraith theme. Your thoughts and advice please.

So firstly I wanted to have a WraithSeer as my hq, along with several spirit seers to lead my wraithguard units.

Planned on having two wraithguard units in serpents, armed with d_scythes.

Then I wanted two units of wraithguard footslogging, not sure how to equip these, was thinking ghost axe and forcefield.

Then I was thinking two units of wraithguard with their wraithcannons also footslogging.

For heavy support, I was thinking wraithlords, and wraithknight, at 2k points I can have double for chart, plus if I recall correctly I can use the ghost warriors data slate formation. This would allow me to take 3 wraithlords as heavy support, as well as taking a wraithknight as additional hq, and my warlord.

At higher points I'd be tempted to take another wraithknight and another wraithSeer.

Anybody done this kinda list? How did it work? What tactics did you use?

"I can pulp your flesh and snap your bones in less than a second, and without so much as lifting a finger. What is the power of technology compared to that?"
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-14, 05:10 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

What I use, and have found pretty deadly, is a single Spiritseer with the helm of auto-pass look-out-sir alongside lots of units of Wraithguard (mixture of D-Scythe, Wraithcannon and Ghost Swords) in Waveserpents. I also use D-cannon Heavy Weapon Platforms, or an Imperial Knight for some back line support.

I tent to put most of the points into the Wraithguard and Waveserpents, because that is where the destructive bulk of the army is. Scatter laser and shuriken cannon on the Waveserpent work well, also the Holoshield helps. If you have lots of points spare I throw on Ghost Walk and Star Engines - Waveserpents are there just to get the Wraithguard close to the enemy.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-14, 02:23 AM

Deathypoo's Flag is: USA

More wave serpents. Footslogging wraithgaurd are as slow as slow can be, and have super short range no matter how you arm them - so transports are mandatory imo. Also, properly outfitted waveserpents (Scatter-lasers) are good against everything, and great against most things.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-14, 05:16 PM

One main difference between the Eldar codex and the Iuanfen supplement is that you can make your Warlord a Wraithlord or a Wraithknight. Nothing like a T8 Warlord!

SJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode