Allies using Space Crusade & Blood Bowl Orks - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Worthy's Flag is: England

Default Allies using Space Crusade & Blood Bowl Orks

I have a Khorne based Chaos Space Marine army and I was thinking of using the Ork models from Space Crusade as allies, but i'm not sure what to add to make it legal as i'll wait for the 6th edition Ork codex instead of getting the current one.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................
My List so far:

A converted Khorne Ork Warboss (used Skull Taker bits, Ork bits, plus I made a boss pole using the icon of wrath).

A Painboy (been using him as an apothocary in Blood Bowl).

Blood Bowls Varag Ghoulchewer as an Orc Nob (Knuckle dusters classed as two close combat weapons).

Ork Shaman as an Ork Runthearder for my Gretchin (used as a wizard for Blood Bowl).

19 Gretchin (the armour is red and gold to match my Chaos army).

8 Ork 'ard Boyz with slugga's and choppas (again, red and gold armour, plus Khorne marks on the shoulder pads)

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

I'm not bothered about it being a good list or tournament legal as this will be just for fun (it's Khorne Orks FFS, lol!), I was just wondering what I need to add to make it legal rulewise?

ie: Can I put the Warboss, Nob, Painboy and the 'ard Boyz together as one mob or will I have to get 2 more 'ard Boyz to make up the mob.

BTW I won't be getting anymore Orks until the new codex comes out for them, but all suggestions on what to add or what will 'fit the Khorne Ork' theme are welcome.

Last edited by Worthy; 05-03-14 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 05:55 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

you simply have an Hq more than allowed. the rest is good

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
you simply have an Hq more than allowed. the rest is good
Is the extra HQ the Nob or the Doc? Also can I use the other/both as a bodyguard for my Warboss? (like an Ork equivalent to a Space Marine Comannd Squad - ie: Painboy as Apothocary?)

i'm keeping 'Krull Takka' my Warboss (see what I did with the name there, lol!) and I like the Painboy, so it'll be Varag Ghoul Chewer who I will get rid of here because he is basically a proxy Nob.

Last edited by Worthy; 05-03-14 at 06:59 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 07:17 PM

ooh, sorry i was thinking about big mek, now i read "painboy..." sorry. my brain farted.
Btw you can do a Warboss, the ardboyz could be nobz in heavy armour with a ork nob with 2 cc weapons and a painboy in the unit. They would be hard hitters but not cheap at all.
the name is fun
Otherwise i'm not shure ardboyz could take a painboy in the mob...

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, although the 'ard boyz are too small to pass for nobs unfortunately. I could easily use them as normal ork boyz though as i'm only using them as 'ard boyz because of the old school armour they have (also if I buy anymore orks they obviously won't have that armour).

I might add a Nob and a special weapon (Scorcha or Rokki?) to round the 'ard boys to 10 (i'm sure they'll fit in if I add shoulder pads to both?)

BTW it's the Orks and Gretchin from this game - http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~tezzajw/spacru.htm (the way I painted the Orks, the 'imitation power armour' matches my Chaos army).

Last edited by Worthy; 05-03-14 at 07:38 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 07:39 PM

i played the game ;) know the models and still own some of them

as for the nob, you already have one, so you could just add a couple of shoota boyz...
skorcha or rokkit are usually just a waste of points. if you are determined in a special weapon, just go for rokkit. it will give you a chance vs light transports to opwen before charging the squad inside

Quote:

Last edited by neferhet; 05-03-14 at 07:42 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help and advice. Here is the list i'll go for then:

HQ - Warboss Krull Takka with slugger and Choppa or big choppa (he has a converted Chainaxe) with a Khorne logo boss pole. (i'll add the Painboy as his retinue if I can?).

Elite/Troops (not sure what 'ard boyz are these days) - 1 Nob Varag Ghoul Chewer with 2 CC weapons, 8 'ard boys with Sluggas, Choppas and Stick Bombz... and i'll add his guy as the special weapon guy http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/...ndo-with-Burna (I will convert him with Space Marine shoulder pads to match the rest of the mob).

Troops - Runtherd (Fantasy Orc Shaman) and 19 Gretchin with Grot blasters. (meat shield for the above)

...I know it may seem weird, but with the converted Warboss and the Ork armour matching my Chaos Space Marines, it fits the 'Khorne worshippers' theme alot (ie: Cultists led by the red priest Dark Apostle, Khorne bezerkers/Chaos Marines/Chosen/various daemon engines as their security force, possessed/spawns/Daemon Prince as manifestions of the cult, etc...). IT'S A FUN FORCE TO PLAY EVEN WITHOUT THE KHORNE ORKS!!

Last edited by Worthy; 05-04-14 at 11:41 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode