Make up Rumours about 7th edition - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Make up Rumours about 7th edition

It may just be me, but all the rumours of the past 3 days are driving me insane. If i read anything else about 7th edition/6th edition redux/new starter sets my head may pop.

For stress reduction i propose we make up our own rumours. Try to make them completely batshit insane, yet bordering on believable if possible.

My sister's husband's cousin works at a proofreading company and has got his hands on the 7th Edition rulebook. He only played a little 40k back in 3rd edition, but he is familar with the system. Apparently the skyfire special rule has been removed and you can hit flyers at your normal BS, but that squad must declare they are assuming the 'aim for the stars' position at the beginning of the movement phase. The unit must be laid on their backs, and may move d6 inches by rolling around on the floor.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 08:52 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Battle force will be Sisters vs Word Bearers.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 08:54 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

GW are releasing a multi-option plastic kit of the Big E himself. These are direct order only as they are custom casting every single head to match the features of the person ordering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 09:02 PM
Badknox's Flag is: Canada

my neighbors dog walkers cousin works there and said that instead of 6.1/7th ed etc that they were going to a yearly release schedule for rules and as such would now be using Warhammer 40K 2014 ed. One of the big changes are that Necrons can now be allied(battle-brothers) with WFB Tomb Kings to more accurately represent the aliens coming to build the pyramids in Egypt. It's also targeted to complete with Chaos Daemons being allowed to be used in both systems.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 09:10 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

7th ed will have solid rule set that everyone will be happy with, and the box set will contain every codex up to date for €19.99

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 09:18 PM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

Tau are being removed as an Army, and instead every new Codex will have the option to take Riptides in any/all FOC slots.

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 10:02 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Joka View Post
Tau are being removed as an Army, and instead every new Codex will have the option to take Riptides in any/all FOC slots.
That's not a rumor, that's the actual current state of affairs.

Farsight Enclave w/ HQ Riptide, 3 Riptide HS, allied Tau Empire with Riptide, plus Firebase Cadre Formation with Riptide and 4 Broadsides...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rather than release a new edition, GW will be re-issuing editions 2 through 6 as collectible starter sets. Each set contains the identical contents of the original starter set, as well as miniature hardback rulebooks (updated to work with current codexes) and a set of unique dice & templates created especially for each edition.

Each set will retail for £200.

The second edition set will feature the cardboard ork dreadnought signed by a member of the GW production team.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 11:57 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

7th Edition will introduce Codex: Squats - that no one under 30 will buy - and a new fortification called "Matt Ward": A 12" tall statue of the man himself, complete with that cheesy grin, terrible waistcoat (drooped over golden artificer armour), and a power sword. It will award an additional 10 VPs to the owner, as long as the owner holds a suitably cheesy grin for the duration of the game...In addition, anything behind the "Matt Ward" gets an automatic cover save.

If my brother's best friend's cousin twice removed is correct, 7th Edition will also seek to incorporate Blood Bowl teams into 40k, with "Dungeon Bowl" as a new standard mission for games of 40k.

Edit: Leaked Pics of the "Matt Ward" fortification:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1374595811347.jpg (30.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Straken's_Fist; 05-02-14 at 12:00 AM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 12:03 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

FFS people it's not seventh edition,

It's 40k 8th edition,
7th edition involved percentages, estimation and indices and after GW realised that 13 year old virgins who had yet to read the rules were unlikely to be able to deal with 20% of 100 let alone ten to the power of 7, they skipped 7th edition altogether.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode