What should my next army be? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Noxnoctis22's Flag is: USA

Default What should my next army be?

I'm just about to finish purchasing want I need for my 2k SM army and before I finish it completely I want to try to get a game plan of what my next army should be. I like to do tons of research on an army before I dive into buying models, painting and playing so getting a head start now is key.

My current (and only) army is a Raven Guard successor chapter army. Fairly balanced when it comes to SM armies but I lean more towards ASM and Scouts. I'd like to start a second army that differs from what I already have, model/painting wise and gameplay wise.

So here's your chance to convince me why I should start ????? as a second army.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 11:26 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do this all the time, I get about halfway through converting and painting my army and I start thinking "hmmm, what should I do next?" I'm good with marines and I'd love to do a very knightly sm army with "Henry V" leading but I'm kind of drawn towards tau which is what I'd recommend to you now, the current version of 40k revolves more on the ranged aspect of the game I find and as shooty armies go I don't think you could do much better than tau tbh, st5 weapons on the basic troops? Sacre bleu!! Granted they're only bs3 (as standard) but with that many shots?!?! Do you need to hit on 3+ every time? And they can bring to bear lots of heavy fire power. But I think the thing I like most about tau is the way all the units work together rather than having one or two units that excel, you know? The scouts work their way forward, light up a target with the their marker lights, pass that info on to the big guns in the rear and order a fire mission etc. the only thing that puts me off is the god damn hideous crisis suit models but hey, that's what conversions and forgeworld are for right?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode