What is going on at GW??? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 07:07 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Victoria Miniatures is already working on some conversion parts for the Taurox. What I've seen so far looks pretty good.
http://victoriaminiatures.info/category/news/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 07:54 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Both Kits are great kits, thats my opinion, Metal is entitled to his opinion, but he has a history of negative rants about GW, if memory serves he was rage quitting a few months ago over the writer of the nid codex, and then he was quitting before that because GW didnt put a viable tau stealth army in the codex or some other nonsense, hes just living up to his rantyranter name tag.

The Taurox is different looking, and some people dont like different, but i wouldnt write it off until you have one in the flesh in your hand, it will grow on you. As for the deathstrike/manticore kit its yet another excellent use of the Chimera chassis, the model looks exactly as it should.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 11:17 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
The Taurox is different looking, and some people dont like different, but i wouldnt write it off until you have one in the flesh in your hand, it will grow on you.
my first thought was it looks god-awful,
my second, third and fourth were similar,
painted up differently without the tempestor lion slabs and the turrets it looks infinitely better

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 11:58 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
my first thought was it looks god-awful,
my second, third and fourth were similar,
painted up differently without the tempestor lion slabs and the turrets it looks infinitely better
I find with the turret on top instead of it on the sides for the Autocannon looks a lot better.

And yes, it is actually fairly small, but so are ALL of GW's vehicles.
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 12:34 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I personally think GW have done a great job with most of their releases this edition, and I am looking forward with what they come up with for the green skins.

As for the taurox, it does look a little odd in the pictures. The tracks just make it look unbalanced, but isn't this supposed to be a off road tracked vehicle so high clearance is required.Unless I do an elite Guard army I won't be collecting any AM any time soon.

If your opponent fields one and you don't like how it looks, just blow it up, problem solved :-)

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 04:01 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
The Taurox is different looking, and some people dont like different
The only real issue I have with the Taurox is that it IS different looking from most of the rest of the AM aesthetic. Other than that it is a fine looking model and like other "new" additions to the lore, give it a year and most people won't care about the look and will find it a natural fit into the AM.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 10:18 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
If your opponent fields one and you don't like how it looks, just blow it up, problem solved :-)
Seems like a reasonable plan to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-14, 01:14 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

Can I use a real fucking m-80 on it?

I was browsing another forum and I saw a conversion that someone done to put tires on it and it looked fucking awesome.
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-14, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
he has a history of negative rants about GW, if memory serves he was rage quitting a few months ago over the writer of the nid codex, and then he was quitting before that because GW didnt put a viable tau stealth army in the codex or some other nonsense, hes just living up to his rantyranter name tag.
Yep. I rant a lot, but I follow through. Since then, I have sold all my Tau bar my stealth suits and some Kroot - writing my own fandex for Stealth Cadre, to playtest/ use with permission at my club. My 5K+ points of Nids went the way of the eBay.

Thing is, I thought I was safe from getting pissed off by GW bullshit now that we halted the ruleset to a mix of 5th and 6th edition locally. With no future editions or codices mattering to us anymore, except from adding new units as they pop up, I thought there was literally no way GW could smack their depression erection around again.

Then they fired all sculpters and gave the job to a damn algorithm. They are trying oh so very hard.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-14, 10:02 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

No MH, real people still design these things. Even if YOU don't like them doesn't make the product bad it just makes it not to your personal tastes and preferences.

For every person online complaining about how a model looks there at at least 5 people who like the same model.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode