who would you rather fight? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Default who would you rather fight?

say you a run of the mill ordinary guardsman flashlight for weapon and a really thick jacket for protection, who would get you waking up sweating in the middle of the night just thinking about fighting them and who would thank the emp himself that your fighting.

(who would you most be afraid to fight and who the least (oh and why))

personally most afraid of tyrannid army because of their unthinking swarm of seemingly never ending bugs that you can literally run out of ammo before they run out of things to attack you plus the affect of some of their weapons, bullets that EAT YOU not cool.

oh or deamons of any type but especially slaneesh as they WANT to hurt you as much as possible before they kill you.

least afraid of normal space marines, they will kill me, it will be quick, and i probably wont even see them coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 11:27 AM

well:
least favourite: 'nids, like you say they're scary and you just run out of ammo, and die under a never-ending tide of gaunts. also possibly 'crons, having your flesh flayed from your bones can't be nice. but chaos probably tops them all because you are doomed to an eternity of torment.

most favourite: tau, cos i'd just say 'i surrender, i join the greater good', and they'll let me join the greater good without getting tormented or anything. so unlike fighting SM, you're alive.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 11:43 AM

solitaire's Flag is: England

Least Favourite - Dark Eldar, cos they'll keep you alive as long as possible torturing you all the while.

Most Favourite - A Grot. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

lol clever i should of thought of that "greater good? why not cant be worse than dying" :D but thats if they close enough to hear you they not known for getting up close and personal, if you that scared of dark elder kill yourself before they capture you, grots are a good idea till they go squealing to their big brother and he comes a callin to sort out you sguishys
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 02:15 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Worst enemy: a tyranid of any kind. Getting ripped to shreds or having their ammo rip through my body or just slowly being digested sounds awful painful and crappy.

Best enemy: A servo skull. Just swing at it with your lasgun, it would be like play T-Ball
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 03:26 PM

The_Inquisitor's Flag is: Wales

Worst enemy to fight - Loxatl Mercenaries (basically immune to las-weaponry)

Best enemy to fight - Another guardsman (lower rank, the better)
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 03:48 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

worst enemy to fight? anything that can cast boon of mutation... im guessing turning into a swapn hurts like crap and then you cant go round picking up chick's with the you have now!

best enemy to fight : nurgle, you get infected and come back to life on thier side

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 03:51 PM

shas'o7's Flag is: United Kingdom

worst- Dark Eldar, as it would be so easy to be taken alive by surprise

Favorite-tau, as you can easily defect to them without harm.

Please Click!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 04:13 PM

Jabby's Flag is: USA

Worst - anything if there is a Commisar in your squad. Its a good chance that you're getting that pistol in the back of your head.

Best - Necromunda gangers. As they usually have way crappier weapons than lasguns. (and jam quite a bit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
have you read any existing fluff? Really; don't mean to be rude, but have you?

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8717&dateline=1231463  458
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 07:05 PM

Least wanting to fight: Demons.
Beacuase they are not just terrifying to look at and will tare you limb from limb in close combat, but also that they are other worldly and impossible, but exist anyway.. thats bound to mess with your head. And then ofcourse, once your dead your soul is their playing thing for eternity.
Most want to fight: A rebelious Guard army/PDF. Atleast they are human, they bog standard troops and their training and equipment is no better than mine. So I goto stand at least a 50/50 chance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode