Herald of The Warp
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Advice needed: Daemons versus Imperial Knights
I'm in a bit of a pickle that I cannot crunch - And as such, I could use the collective brainstorm that is Heresy!
By now it's only a matter of time before someone in my battlegroup brings along a Imperial Knight. I will keep my opinions of this model to myself, but I have to face the facts; It will come at some point.
The problem is that, as a Daemon player, I simply can't find a counter to it. As far as I understand it, and keep in mind I haven't played apocalypse so I might be wrong, the following is true regarding it:
- Its a 13/12/12 walking behemoth, so it cannot be exploded, but takes D3 HP instead. It has 6 HP.
- It has a STR D chainsword. STR D ignores cover, armor and invulnerable saves. It also causes multiple wounds.
- It can have a 4++ on 1 side of it, which has to be decided each turn.
Usually I either shoot a unit in the back with STR 5/6 Tzeentch psykers or assault a vehicle to kill it. The way I see it, both those options are null and void.
- I can maybe glance it from behind with psykers, but that's not a valid strategy. It's not stable enough to count on.
- I cannot assault it with my Daemon Princes, as they will completely destroyed by the STR D weapon.
- I cannot even put a screamerstar as a last resort as the STR D ignore invulnerable saves.
The only option I see at this point is to ally in some CSM for this one particular unit, but that breaks my daemon-heart as I prefer to play pure Daemon.
Anyone got a golden idea or some kind of tip regarding this unit? What am I missing?
Last edited by Nordicus; 04-11-14 at 11:16 AM.