Imperial Guard Name change feelings? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 05:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Fallen's Avatar
Fallen's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,689
Reputation: 19
Default

eh...

I feel that somethings are not worth messing with, the guard is one of them.

now if they were going to "latin-ize" the actual words "Imperial Guard" and spit out "Imperialis Miliatarum" or "Guardia Imperialis" or some such then I could at least accept the name change easier; I would still call everything Guard or storm troopers or whatever regardless though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
Fallen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 10:40 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
eh...

I feel that somethings are not worth messing with, the guard is one of them.

now if they were going to "latin-ize" the actual words "Imperial Guard" and spit out "Imperialis Miliatarum" or "Guardia Imperialis" or some such then I could at least accept the name change easier; I would still call everything Guard or storm troopers or whatever regardless though.
This.

The new name, I feel, is pants on head.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ntaw's Avatar
ntaw's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 6,323
Reputation: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
The new name, I feel, is pants on head.....
Well shit. I've never heard that expression, but the only time in my life pants were on my head was a pretty ridiculous time....point taken

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
ntaw is offline  
 
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 11:14 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Well shit. I've never heard that expression, but the only time in my life pants were on my head was a pretty ridiculous time....point taken
You weren't in the trenches were you....?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome