Blood Angels Vs Chaos - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 09:19 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
- He usually takes a Terminator Nurgle lord, who is CC based with Fisticlaws.

- He takes 2-3 squads of 6-7 plaguemarines in each their rhino. Each squads aspiring champion has a powerfist.
Thats a helluva points right here...adding the heldrake and the vindi and 3 oblits...not much left for him to bring a DP.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 09:24 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
not much left for him to bring a DP.
Exactly why the Daemonprince is a "maybe" in his list. It depends on if he goes with 2 or 3 squads of Plague Marines.

I've only encountered him with a Daemon prince once, and he never brought it after that one game.

(Then again, Maybe it's because I play Daemons, had 3 of them and just charged his Daemon Prince with one of mine to be sacrificed. Then we both smashed, and both were instantkilled - The only problem was that his was more expensive than mine and I had 2 more I think that made him think that Daemon Princes are too easy to kill and he didn't think they were worth it.)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Jay Harvest's Flag is: Denmark

Allright
I hope that the list Nordicus are the right one, I think I will build my list to counter the mentioned.
And yes, I have 2 Ravens and are dying to try them out.. or maybe they are the ones who is going to die :D
But it is best to run them as gunships / heavy support and not as transports?
But are Assault Marines strong enough in CC without any AP weapons?
Thinking about the Plauge Marines and Terminators?
What about Assault Terminators and Death Company?
I also considered Fragioso or a DC dread?
Vindicators, Baal or regular Preds are no-go ?
I’m looking forward to your 2 cents ntaw J

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Nordicus haha I think you are right DP or not, 3 againts 1 I think you only make that mistake once... But as you said, even Mephiston will get crushed in CC with a DP
That's why I think that he will bring one against me.

But maybe it is a bit cheesy to bring 2 birds?!

JH
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 11:30 AM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Harvest View Post
That's why I think that he will bring one against me.
He might aye, but considering he's going for a Nurgle themed army (he has done this, without question, in every single match) he's quickly running out of points if he brings a 265 point Prince (Armor, wings, Black Mace, Nurgle).

I would bring the Aegis with the quad gun for flying regardless, and prioritize from there. The Heldrake is a sure thing, so you need that one - If he brings a prince, you can always shoot him down as well and pick him off with the Stormravens and other shooty stuff.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Harvest View Post
even Mephiston will get crushed in CC with a DP
Maybe. If you're caught in the open and he has a demon weapon then yes. If you take Meph and the DP goes anywhere near him, get in cover. Get the DP to init 1 and the DP won't even get to swing against him.
AFAIK, DP's don't get grenades and Mephiston can very quickly buff himself upto st10. When he's st10, it'll take 1 unsaved wound to kill the DP

If he doesn't have a demon weapon for the extra d6 attacks, then he may not even kill you if he gets the charge in the open (providing you've not been wounded already)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 12:36 PM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
If he doesn't have a demon weapon for the extra d6 attacks
Just a little note; He would never field a Daemon Prince without giving him either the Mace or the Murder Sword. So a daemon weapon is guaranteed.

The note about getting into cover is solid advice though
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

The game is TEW I don't know if that changes anything?

But it sounds like Mephiston is a gamble?

And the more safer choice would be the Ravens with TL Las, TL MM and the Blood Strikes ?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 03:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Mephiston will lose in CC against a DP every single time unless that DP is charging him and attacking at I1 -or- that same DP rolls 1 for his Daemon Weapon. Trust me in the amount of times I have lost him in the same scenario. If you're not facing the DP he's more viable, but like it has been said it's unsure of whether you will be facing him or not.

ADLs in a BA army are a waste of time if you have two SRs, but in this instance since you're only facing one bird and it sounds like it can only Vector Strike your SR I would say one will suffice. I play two against a pair of drakes and typically come out even. With the ADL, S7 will disappoint you against AV12. It's why I switched all unpainted tactical and heavy weapon marines to Imperial Fists a while ago in my armies. Great synergy there, and the QD stacked with Tank Hunters is great.

I'd do something like this:

Libby - JP

Furioso - talons, HF (also fun as a Fragioso, but with a twist in the delivery)

Priest - JP, PS

10 man RAS - 2x HF, 2x F

10 man RAS - 2x MG, PS

10 man RAS - 2x MG, DP (this is for that Vindicator T1)

Stormraven - TLLC, TLMM, HB sponsons

1,240 points. Maybe a hand flamer for the libby?

I'd put the Libby and the Priest in the Flamer RAS squad, and run the MG RAS close by. DP comes in T1 and nukes the Vindicator, if he sets up defensively he's already limited how he can use it the following turn. Using the MGs on a rhino that's being used to block the Vindi can also get you First Blood and cause mayhem with his front line suddenly getting a flat while the rest of your army catches up. If you go first and your SR comes in before the Heldrake don't get so far forward that he can VS you coming onto the board. Use you TLLC to target any armour threats to your forward lines and bide your time a minute so that you can take the drake out when it comes in. If your raven comes on second, move on and enjoy nuking that drake. I take Blenderfists against marines every damn time because unless there's a PF in the squad all they can do is die or run. AV13 wins me games in this aspect, and even with the PF in the squad unless the dice are against you I'm sure you'll cause enough wounds to get to him at AP3. If the squad has 2+ armour saves, you shouldn't have charged in with your Furioso. If you want to run the Fragioso, you can be a little bit more daring in your flying around because you don't need to go to Hover mode for that model to be used appropriately. I often Skies of Blood that sucker in as the SR zooms off to deal with more fliers/tanks and let the scatter dice be the end of it. This model is super effective T1 in a DP, but against what it looks like you're up against I strongly advise the MG alpha strike instead of hoping for Rending to pull through. It's pretty friggin' awesome to drop a AV13 walker on the board later on in the game once some units have been blown away. I play two SRs with a Blenderfist and a Fragioso and enjoy much success.

How does that look, do you have the models for such a list? If not, let me know what you could sub in and we can chat it up man.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-14, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much!
This list looks very good, I have all the models for your list. Except the priest, but I usually proxy a sang-guard model as the priest.
You say 10 man assault marines in the pod, the idea is nice, but are they not very vulnerable in the next turns with CC weapons and without jump packs?
You would not recommend 5 man sternguards with combi-melta for the alpha strike?
I also have the DC dred with talons, is that not better than the Fusioso?
And just to be sure, are you saying I can drop the dred with skies of blood? Never considered that!
The match is tomorrow at 16, so we have some time to perfect the list further J
Thanks again for your help ntaw

JH

Last edited by Jay Harvest; 03-20-14 at 11:54 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
blood angels , chaos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode