Need Ideas: Sisters Repentia in a CSM army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Default Need Ideas: Sisters Repentia in a CSM army

I recently fell in love with the Sisters Repentia models. It's one of the rare times that I actually approve of a scantily clad female miniature in a grimdark-war-all-the-time setting. Perhaps because they don't have DDD breasts and a 12" waist wearing a leather bikini (or no top at all, as is so common) and hefting a weapon three times their weight. These ladies seem like they belong in the 41st millenium, and they're not trying to give me a boner. I'm not about to start an Adepta Sororitas army any time soon, but I must have a few!

If you were me, what would you use them as?

Berzerkers are the obvious choice, I suppose, but damnit if I don't already have ~35 actual Berzerkers, and then a squad of 10 traitor Space Wolves to be Berzerkers/Khorne-marked CSM. All their chains and such lend themselves pretty well to a Khornate/Chaosy theme.

Cultists are another decent option, but at ~$12 US for 3 of them (20% off list price via my friend's store), that's not the most cost-effective option. I also have around 100 DV Cultists already. If I use them as Cultists, maybe I'd just pepper them throughout a unit to give them some more flavor. I suppose this is the most likely use of them.

I'd use them as Possessed, but there really isn't anything Daemonic about them. And any conversions swapping their heads/parts with Daemonettes would sort of diminish what I like about them. Possessed Cultists? I dunno, that might work. They can still be possessed without being mutated. Since they don't have guns, the look could work, too. Or simply Possessed Sisters Repentia, doesn't really require much imagination. A pallid flesh tone, covered in red/inflamed scars and tattoos of the Chaos pantheon. Maybe a purple flesh tone to add some sort of demonic aspect. This would be my ideal solution, because I only have 1 squad of 10 possessed (from the actual kit, off eBay), and a fluffy Crimson Slaughter list could demand at least 20 for a full-blown unit.

Thoughts? Do you think any of my ideas are passable? These bitches are badass! I need some!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-16-14 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 06:09 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

If your opponent is cool with it I would suggest using them to spice up your existing units. You can't really sell them off as anything even remotely resembling power armour so it depends on how easy going the people you play with are.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_Niimura View Post
If your opponent is cool with it I would suggest using them to spice up your existing units. You can't really sell them off as anything even remotely resembling power armour so it depends on how easy going the people you play with are.
Yeah, definitely. So, Cultists or Possessed could work, since Cultists wear t-shirts and Possessed could be possessed anything, in theory. They're getting a Daemon save, anyhow.

*edit*

Oh, damnit! Possessed do have power armor.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 06:32 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Use them as Cultists? Just need to strap pistols to them....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 11:13 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Make them Champions of your various units.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-14, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Make them Champions of your various units.
Awesome! There it is. Cultist champions. Don't know why that wasn't obvious to me! This way I can be happy with 3 of them, and I don't get too carried away.

+rep, my good sir.

I appreciate everyone else's input, as well. Thanks, all. Traitor Sororitas, I love it.

I envision these bloody Sisters leading units of cultists in the shadows of the Helbrutes coming in those new formations. A wave of Cultists and Helbrutes. I like the sound of that very much.

Last edited by venomlust; 03-16-14 at 11:58 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 12:18 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

"the power of the dark gods imbued her, she felt her flesh harden and the warp writhe about her" aaaaand power armour. Done.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 12:30 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Cultist champions strike me as the best option, yeah.

I face something of a similar dilemma. Now that a new IG codex looks like it's in the cards, I can't imagine that Imperial Guard will continue to have their Weaken Resolve psychic power, so I need to figure out a use for 15 or so arco-flagellants. Ah well, cultists would suffice, I imagine...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
"the power of the dark gods imbued her, she felt her flesh harden and the warp writhe about her" aaaaand power armour. Done.
Yeah, it wouldn't be a huge stretch. I wish they were cheaper, I'd definitely load up on them if so. I think I'm gonna pick up 2 blisters of them. I can't imagine myself fielding more than 6 units of Cultists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Cultist champions strike me as the best option, yeah.

I face something of a similar dilemma. Now that a new IG codex looks like it's in the cards, I can't imagine that Imperial Guard will continue to have their Weaken Resolve psychic power, so I need to figure out a use for 15 or so arco-flagellants. Ah well, cultists would suffice, I imagine...
Cultists do seem like the most forgiving in terms of substituting a basic human from any other unit/game universe. The lack of a decent kit also makes that something of a necessity, unless you're like me and go a little too crazy. I have so many cultists that I can field units each using one sculpt, so I can tell them apart (they're unpainted). Too many Cultists.

Last edited by venomlust; 03-17-14 at 12:34 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 03:47 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

As mentioned, Cultest champs works best, but what about the ally options?

you could proxy them as Demons of Khonre, give there a slight 'warp touched look' to explain the save and you could get that to work.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode