A brief look at the past and future of 40K Video games - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Considering the fact that most of the 40K gaming community are whiney little entitled bitches we should be grateful that we had storm of vengeance released. The only way we're going to get good 40K games is if dev's see a market for them.

Which is being destroyed by entitled fan boys.
Seriously? Based on that logic then literally no games would be made. Every video game forum under the sun is full of whining. 90% of the internet is whining (and pictures of cats).

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 07:26 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I honestly have no idea what you mean by "entitled fan boys" ruining our chances of getting a decent computer game set in the 40k universe...

Multimillion pound companies don't base decisions on what products they release/don't release on people crying on the internet, otherwise Chaos would still be running the 3.5 dex and Sisters of Battle would have more codex releases than any other army, and the biggest model range.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 09:17 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I honestly have no idea what you mean by "entitled fan boys" ruining our chances of getting a decent computer game set in the 40k universe...

Multimillion pound companies don't base decisions on what products they release/don't release on people crying on the internet, otherwise Chaos would still be running the 3.5 dex and Sisters of Battle would have more codex releases than any other army, and the biggest model range.
And squats would be back

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGuard View Post
Give it to Bethesda, I've enjoyed their Fallout and Elder Scroll series. I'm not saying they could do any better than anyone else, but they do make their games large and 40k to me is at least partially defined by the grand scale everything seems to take place in.

They could probably follow more in line with the Inqusition styled RPG. Could possibly follow a similar play-style as KOTOR.
That was exactly what i was thinking with my inquisitor idea above. Just remake Skyrim, but you're an inquisitor rather than the Dragonborn, wandering around some hive world on an epic quest.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 06:52 PM

DarkDisciple_Nahum's Flag is: USA

I agree Varakir that game sounds sweet! killing mutants and cultist. There could be an expansion where genestealers begin infiltrating the population and you have to find the broodlord and F him up!

Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the space orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Yeaaaah Ultramarines!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 07:29 PM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

Multiple worlds, races, factions with space travel and exploration. 'Tis a pipe dream.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 08:24 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Ah, Totalbiscuit, one of my favorite Youtubers.

He's dead on though about Storm of Vengeance. I was surprised about how many decent 40k games there were over the years. Granted, I haven't seen/heard of most of them.

Assuming what Sega does with Relic, there is a possibility that we can see another DoW or Space Marine game. That is, of course, if the license is renewed.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 09:08 PM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

It would be cool to have a BFG set game, maybe like space combat in Star Wars-empire at war
Or a Titan based shooter game, that would be SICK
Or a, or a, JUST LET ME KILL SHIT!!!

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 10:40 PM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

I think a 40k game based closely on the mass effect system would be pretty amazing, with you playing a fairly high ranking space marine who gets to make different decisions which lead to VERY different endings, even having rippling effects such that simple decisions early on in the game can lead to huge repercussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 11:08 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silens View Post
I think a 40k game based closely on the mass effect system would be pretty amazing, with you playing a fairly high ranking space marine who gets to make different decisions which lead to VERY different endings, even having rippling effects such that simple decisions early on in the game can lead to huge repercussions.
This could also be very well done, but again must be done by someone like Bioware or Bethesda. I'm surprised to see a lot of Devs that make high quality games don't seem to see any potential in the Warhammer 40k lore. Fantasy may be getting some relief since Total War is going to develop a game based around their engines (maybe).

Perhaps we should start a glorious campaign towards Bioware and Bethesda to draw their attention to making an epic 40k game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode