Losing to motivate a friend? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 09:54 PM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

A close loss can be motivating as well because you were on the edge of achieving victory against a talented opponent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Thank you guys. I'll be posting some lists in the proper section to get some c&c in some "stilysh" approaches to CSM

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 08:15 AM

I've not time to read the other posts so hopefully it's not been said already but hows about you play normal but if you win then the beers/take away/other treat is on you?

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 08:16 AM

Either that or I write you a list, you're sure to lose that way ;)
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
I've not time to read the other posts so hopefully it's not been said already but hows about you play normal but if you win then the beers/take away/other treat is on you?
Eh, I would be ruined by now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
Either that or I write you a list, you're sure to lose that way ;)
Well, I challenge you, good sir, to write for me a list, and we will see!

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 09:25 AM
Feed

What does your opponent play? Do you know enough about his army to offer him a few tips in regards to tactics or list building?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
What does your opponent play? Do you know enough about his army to offer him a few tips in regards to tactics or list building?
He has Ork, ots of orks. I've already gave him many advices, but he didnt wanted to go for the classic netlists (cause noone in our group do that). If I keep giving him advices it will be list tayloring
Maybe you guys could help me understand how a good ork list is made??

Quote:
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 10:06 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Maybe you guys could help me understand how a good ork list is made??
Orks work surprisingly well with a lot of firepower. I recommend giving every ork boy and nob a shoota at minimum, with big shootas or rokkits mixed in as you can. Boyz and nobs already have a good cc statline so being able to attack while they advance is always a solid choice. Smaller squads in trukks or wagons also work, especially with a Big Mek carrying a Kustom Force Field in one of them.

Lootas are great, burnas as well. Kans and dredds can be put to good use and nob squads with painboyz are a right pain to try and kill.

Things to avoid using are stuff like flash gitz, wartrakks and weirdboyz. The gitz are just overpriced for what they do, wartrakks are not as good as bikes, and weirdboyz are good for a laugh but not something you can rely on.

These are just general ideas based on my own experience.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Orks work surprisingly well with a lot of firepower. I recommend giving every ork boy and nob a shoota at minimum, with big shootas or rokkits mixed in as you can. Boyz and nobs already have a good cc statline so being able to attack while they advance is always a solid choice. Smaller squads in trukks or wagons also work, especially with a Big Mek carrying a Kustom Force Field in one of them.

Lootas are great, burnas as well. Kans and dredds can be put to good use and nob squads with painboyz are a right pain to try and kill.

Things to avoid using are stuff like flash gitz, wartrakks and weirdboyz. The gitz are just overpriced for what they do, wartrakks are not as good as bikes, and weirdboyz are good for a laugh but not something you can rely on.

These are just general ideas based on my own experience.
Thanks Serp!
So, how would a list along these lines could be?

Warboss
megaarmour
cybork
+
5 meganobz
cybork all
+
Trukk

2 X 30 boyz
nob w/ claw & bosspole

15 lootas

5 Deffkoptas w/tl rokkit

1 dakkajet w/extra shoota & +1BS

12 'ard boyz
boss w/claw & bosspole
trukk

3 killakans w/grotriggers

15 grots & 1 herder

Would that be ok? it should be 1500-ish

Quote:
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 01:42 PM

I played Orks once and lost; although not miserably. This is similar to the list I used and probably still would be using if I'd not been advised on a new list ;)

I think I used:
2 x 10 Berzerkers with a rhino each.
Abaddon with 20 cultists
Terminators with various weapons
A vindicator
A Lord with AoBF
Heldrake
Give or take some stuff, possibly DV chosen.

Now, you would use similar maybe even without rhinos and advance everything forward on the board just trying to get into close combat. No tactics just plain daft head down and aim for combat!

Oh and my new lists works very nice so far. Played 2 won 2 :D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode