So, are we happy bunnys yet? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 07:59 PM

Well thats a shame, because they have a very solid system for a competitive environment. I'll chalk that one as another reason why I am not happy with Games Workshop, but I ain't going to overly whine about it in general.

Its a shame the Hammer manufacturer makes glass hammers though

Even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'm there waiting... and your not coming out alive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 08:56 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igni Ferroque View Post
Its a shame the Hammer manufacturer makes glass hammers though
Err, no. 40k is really good for creating a narrative, fun environment if you bring a fluffy, weird, or silly army, or even a 'decent' army and play it with friends for a couple of laughs and a day's entertainment. It serves it's purpose admirably.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #43 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 10:44 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

In general, I am quite happy, I would however like to see terminator command squads for vanilla marines, and a few other little quibbles but whatever g.w are doing not to my liking the new knights have me not caring!

post #44 of 127 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 10:59 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

>40k playerbase
>happy
Pick one.
post #45 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 12:52 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igni Ferroque View Post
Well thats a shame, because they have a very solid system for a competitive environment.
How is it a solid system for a competitive environment? It isn't in any way shape or form a game set up for competitive play. If you want to try and play it that way then fine. But it is clearly not designed for this purpose and I don't know how much clearer GW can make this, so am at a loss as to why people complain about GW because they haven't balanced the game for competitive play. It's not designed for that and this is why if you want to play it competitively you will find that you only have a small selection of units and lists to choose from, lists that rarely make any sense from a fluff perspective or follow a theme. This is because it's unbalanced. It is unbalanced because GW have made a game that doesn't care about balance or a tournament scene. They admit this throughout the 6th edition rulebook and constantly suggest players should expand on their rules and scenarios with their own ideas and forge a narrative.

People need to start realising this, and I think then they'd be a whole lot happier if they did and altered their approach to 40k. If you have a club where no one will let you homebrew, or is full of douchebags, find another one, or start one yourself (been toying with this idea myself recently), or just focus on home gaming...If you REALLY want something geared towards balance and competitive gaming pick one of the myriad other system out there: It's the golden age of wargaming and sadly very few people seem to realise it!
GW aren't the big bad wolf the internet makes them out to be. Sure, they are also not perfect. But hey, nor are their rival companies...
post #46 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 01:44 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
>40k playerbase
>happy
Pick one.
I'm pretty happy with it. But I agree, too many people play 40K and it is impossible to keep them all happy. Seems a good portion of them just want to be miserable.
post #47 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 01:48 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I have found that to be more a internet thing than reality.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #48 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 02:54 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

I am quite quite happy. Loving the new kits that are coming out, as well as loving the games overall.
post #49 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 06:33 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

One half of me wants to stab gw... And the other wants to hug them...
Stab because of the hilariously unbalanced rules, I know they don't care, but I'm really big on balance in everything, because if everything is ~equal! you Arnt shooting yourself in the foot for playing fluffy! which makes fluffy more fun IMO because you get somewhere with it! and tournaments are both down to skill and have more than 2 armies in them... Eg, I think riptides are really cool, but I feel like a dick using one, my bros the same with heldrakes, I like assault marines, but if I deep strike them, I end up with a bigger 'dead pile' and a tear in my eye...
And other things, like the order of codex realise IMO could be redone, and supplements are pointless IMO, I think they should be more than just giving army wide speacial rules, unique units would be cool and other such things
*white dwarf*
But it's great the amount of shit coming out, even if the codex quality dips abit for it IMO, and the new kits look great! they just need to keep going and 'modernise' everything
And other stuff I like...
The good pile looks tiny compared to the hate pile it's easier to be hateful I find... Their equal in my heart, promise

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #50 of 127 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 08:39 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

My 2c...

Yes.

I agree with everyone above who advocates having fun whilst playing this game.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode