what is up with this? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
jin

Default what is up with this?

looking for gw online shipping to s. korea, found this site:

www DOT aliexpress.com/store/group/Warhammer-40K-Eldar/826644_253932257.html
please advise...

sorry about the formatting.
whenever i tried to simply post the link, it somehow failed to work,
so i just wrote it in like this.
copy the text, open a new tab/window, type www. and then paste the rest of the address.
it will work...

Last edited by jin; 02-23-14 at 05:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 07:05 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

By the looks of it , its a site selling recasts of GW products, like aany buyer of counterfeit goods you have to weigh up the risks, if someone is willing to produce and sell a knock off what else are they willing to do, can you expext top class customer service if something goes wrong (assuming that they mail you something in the first place) and how safe is the product they send you (resin dust etc) and how safe are your financial details with them? And thats before you even consider the legal and moral implications of knowingly buying a fake.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 09:13 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Yeah, and the postage is by 'china post air mail' to the uk... Seems trust worthy
I wouldn't go for it... There's plenty more 3rd party sales people without breaking the law

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
jin

so, you guys have seen something like this before?
i was actually wondering if there were licensed chinese production facilities - i haven't been following gw for so long, i simply did not know.
but, i take it from your responses that this is not (yet) the case...

actually, their pricing is not so great, regardless, and something in my spine simply refuses to collect a known forgery.
[email protected]$# the "law" - there is only one law, in my world, and that is the moral law.
no way that i could live with the corruption.

what i liked, however, were the shipping charges - free.

what are your suggestions for getting stuff sent to s.korea?
seems that uk standard overseas post is pretty reasonable, from some ebay listings out of the uk and europe.
can anyone recommend a reseller with similarly reasonable shipping rates (and old metal third-hand stock, as well as new, preferably)?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
what are your suggestions for getting stuff sent to s.korea?
seems that uk standard overseas post is pretty reasonable, from some ebay listings out of the uk and europe.
can anyone recommend a reseller with similarly reasonable shipping rates (and old metal third-hand stock, as well as new, preferably)?
ahhh.... now i see it!
bits and kits . yes sir!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Around here we call them "Forgery World".

Eldar Phantom for $290 though....hmmmmm...

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 02:28 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

They are still a tad expensive to my tastes for knock offs but that Brass Scorpion does look ahwfully alluring though.. I'm already a full-time worshipper of Chaos so the feeling of corruption is nothing new to me Might have to remember this one..

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 04:49 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

I wouldn't worry about the 'moral' implications, since it's probably likely you are on a low income if you are looking for cheap sites, and GW don't really think about the moral implications of what they do anyway (just look at Damnatus).

It seems fairly legit as far as black market suppliers go lol

Of course, it's like buying coke: You might get ripped off with a shoddy product, but most the time you won't, because if they went around ripping off every single person they would eventually piss off the wrong person and the feds would get involved. That is how black markets work.
That also means if they do rip you off you can't get your money back and you can't report them.
You could just test them out and buy something cheap to see what its like. Or contact them and tell them you are interested in buying several items in the near future if the quality is good: Generally suppliers are less likely to rip you off if they think you will be a long-term customer.

Edit: Yeah actually some of the prices are a bit steep if they are recasts. You could probably get matching prices for the 3rd party legal sellers like triplehelix and wayland...

Last edited by Straken's_Fist; 02-23-14 at 04:52 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 08:33 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not sure how having a low income equates to ignoring your moral compass? It wouldnt matter how much money I had or didnt have I would never knowingly buy a fake simply because its not the genuine article, if you like and enjoy a product enough to want to buy it why would you buy a cheap knock off? Never understood the lure of owning something fake, I like a band I buy the albumn, like a film I buy the bluray, like a computer game I buy the game etc, that way the people who made something I desire to own get paid and hopefully make more of the same. And we(the forum) shouldnt be encouraging other forum members to break the law, thats right importing counterfeit models from china is breaking the law.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode