Who's gonna win the end war? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 08:44 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Retribution View Post
I don't know if this thread has been done before (I looked and couldn't find it) and i was just curious, who do you guys/girls think is gonna win in the end war. It has to end sometime, who is gonna come out on top, with logical explanations on why if you can....
The cruel joke of it all is that Chaos has already claimed victory. The entire galaxy is plunged in war; serving Khorne. The ultimate demise of any race serves Nurgle. The evolution of change, even through Nids, serves Tzeentch. And the pleasure taken in any of it serves Slannesh.

Go ahead, do whatever you want; the primal powers will live forever.

Pondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

But if the warp is somehow completely severed from the material world then it doesn't matter what happens, the chaos gods will stew forever, never being able to influence the material world and its inhabitants...IF it could be done which i doubt very much...

As for who will win, i dunno...i've only been playing for a year. I've read a lot on each and every race and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Its a hard one to put money on but i would have to say the necrons, but am praying for humanity!!!
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-11-08, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies Irae View Post
if chaos space marines and loyalist space marines are acting together, nothing will stop them
Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Retribution View Post
But if the warp is somehow completely severed from the material world then it doesn't matter what happens, the chaos gods will stew forever, never being able to influence the material world and its inhabitants...IF it could be done which i doubt very much...
Everything that happens in real space has an echo in the warp. That's why the Chaos Gods try to gain control over the galaxy.

Eternal war = eternal power for Khorne
Eternal sorrow = eternal power for Nurgle
etc.

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 12:44 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
The cruel joke of it all is that Chaos has already claimed victory. The entire galaxy is plunged in war; serving Khorne. The ultimate demise of any race serves Nurgle. The evolution of change, even through Nids, serves Tzeentch. And the pleasure taken in any of it serves Slannesh.
What about the Necrons closing up the warp? That's a loss for the Chaos gods. Or what about the emotionless nids being the last left? Goodbye to Slaanesh, and they'll leave the galaxy empty and life-less, so Nurgle, Khorne and Tzeentch are suddenly in trouble. So the Chaos gods don't have a definite win. To make it even worse for them the two races that could kill them are the most likely to win.

Of course the Imperium could win, in which case they'll become powerful enough to threaten the Chaos gods.

Or maybe the Eldar kill Slaanesh.

It appears the Chaos gods are as screwed as everyone else.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 01:51 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

I dont think its poswsible for the Eldar to completely kill Slaanesh. Once something like that has been created, it would nigh-on impossible to contain it.

if the Necrons got completely wiped out, you can say goodbye to the rest of the Galaxy - the wierd pillar things (cant remember name) on Cadia that are holding the Eye of terror in check are Necrontyr contructs built as a permanant way of holding back the Warp, the main enemty of the C'tan. But they are powered by the life energy of the C'tan, so if they die completely, which is unlikely, Cadia will fall, and the Eye will spew forth an unquenchable army of Chaos.

This also links to the Eldar who, i they are ever completely destroyed, will release the power of their God, Khain, which will immediatly target the Necrons, being their origional enemies, killing thm all and subsequently realeasing the Eye of Terror (which they ironically created.)

Orks and Nids are the most and least lkely to win the galaxy, depending on which way you look at it. on one hand they have enough warriors to completely overrun everything in the Galaxy, but they are also two of the most phsycically powerful races, as well as the Eldar, so any fluxuatins in the warp will affect them, and if the Warp is completely cut of from the material world, all three of these races will suffer the most.
the eldar will not be able to communicate or see into the future etc.
the Nids' hive-mind will not be able to communicate with the Hive Fleets, and they will fall into disarray, althought they will still be a force to be reckoned with.
the orks are the most interesting - the only thing that keep any of the Ork Meks inventians (Tanks, Guns etc) is the psychic power of the Orks aroun d them. they belive that they will work, and so they do. but if you take away the Orks subliminal psychic bilities, they will not have the power to sustain the weapons etc and they will just fall apart. this will deprive the orks of long ranged weapons, space travel and basic transport, effectivally rendering them useless.

this is why i love the 40k universe, and the amount of thought that GW has put into this to ensure that no single race can ever reign supreme.

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 02:14 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

the nids and necrons have no reason to fight thats why the nids never go to any tomb worlds. necrons in order to awaken must meet beings with certian qualifications and i dont think being a bug is one of them. the nids on the other hand know when to avoid danger when there is no profit in it for them. simply even if the nids invade a tombworld and awake the necrons they will probobally just teleport away to go pick on some humans and thus the nids gain nothing from this. the original plan of the C'tan after their little civil war and destruction of the galaxy was to wait it out and let the eye of terror burn itself out. (i think the eye was the eldars fault correct me if im wrong) thus there would never be any real conflict between the nids and necrons as there is no food or souls. the crons will win in the sence that they will destroy everybody and take their souls and the nids will do as theyv'e always dont and go look for more food. after that the necrons go back to sleep and wait it out again...... probably to nid termites trying eat them.

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkie View Post
I dont think its poswsible for the Eldar to completely kill Slaanesh. Once something like that has been created, it would nigh-on impossible to contain it.

[...] the Eldar who, i they are ever completely destroyed, will release the power of their God, Khain, which will immediatly target the Necrons, being their origional enemies, killing thm all and subsequently realeasing the Eye of Terror (which they ironically created.)
I thought the moment the Eldar go extinct their combined souls will give birth to Ynnead, the Eldar god of Death who will engage Slaanesh in a final battle.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 04:48 PM

rokassan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessgod View Post
I think the Imperium will win out. If the Primarchs return or the Emperor awakens, a re-energized, stronger Imperium is posible. Plus, if (and I said if) the Emperor could reunify both the loyalist and traitor Space Marines, there would be no stopping humanity.

Barring that, Nids and Orks are the best bet to win out. Their numbers are too great for the Imperium to deal with, unless all the Space Marines were united against them.

~fearlessgod~
I agree. I guess the Emperor would have to use his God-like psychic power to purge the corruption from the traitors. Blast the traitor Primarchs with some psychic purge and make them see the error of their ways. Are any traitors redeemable though? Can the taint of Chaos be purged from their being? 10000 years of corruption is alot of corruption. If this happened ,yes the Imperium would survive. Otherwise Id go with Chaos.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 06:08 PM
Bleeze's Flag is: USA

are there actualy any primarch left?

kinda funny somebody said something about the emporers long lost son ive been playing with makeing a model and some stats. perhaps some back story standard im your son why do you need primarch am i not good enough so he goes crusadeing across the outer rim to prove hes better and ends up in a warp storm where time stands still thusly allowing him to live all this time. im way off topic now.

necrons hands down if the 2 remaining gods awaken/come back from the blackness of space. there is no defence from gauss nids dont evolve on a atomic lvl and that is where gauss works.

second is the ork/nid being as there currently fighting the nids pick up alotta ork traits lurking turns to constant charge due to the orkiness. or orks just get so big there the size of warhound titans and crush all cause im the biggest and the strongest.

eldar are dead same with dark eldar.

tau cant take the numbers the crons orks and nids can come up with.

csm are not unlimited they are the same one from 10k years ago.

imperium has the numbers but not the supplies.

chaos deamons could win if there is a big enough rift for them to flow through. wonder if a c'tan would eat them there energy beings but its warp energy hmmm dont know.
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 08:30 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Chaos will win, in the end. You can't kill an idea.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode