What Would You Ban/Restrict? - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 03:08 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'd ban tournaments and run large campaign events instead with missions based on story things for the various armies, pitting different sides against each other.
Amen to that brother. Having said that though, I would restrict certain things like these new datasheets like the Tau one and the SM one with the two storm talons and the storm raven either to one per primary detachment or alternatively limit the amount of points you you spend on them to certain percentage of your overall total. same goes for super heavies.Tthe only thing is that if you do that with the super heavies it may end being unfair becuase super heavies are worth differing points values and if you're only allowed to spend say 25 percent then some armies would be able to take super heavies lower points level games than others because, for instance a baneblade costs less than a lord of skulls. If I had of been the one authering Escelation would have been authored differently and would have been far more balanced, for example I would have put a percentage restriction in place, but instead of limiting the lord of war slot to certain select list of super heavies, I would have included other option from Apoc like the linebreaker squadron as it's pretty much the equivalent of a similarly priced super heavy, both use the big pie plate, also three vindictors have the same number of hull points as a baneblade as well. Still the great thing about 40k as a game is that we are actively encouraged to modify things to our liking and negotiate with our opponents as to what we are llowed to take or not, which rules to include or not, and even the ability come up with our own unique rules from scratch. Of course this is only really applicable in the beer and pretzel environment, which luckily is where most of my hobby and gaming takes place. I plan on experimenting with things a little with my gaming baddies and try out a few things, find out what works for us and what doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 08:37 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Banning allies is interesting. From a personal point of view I wouldn't care. I never have enough points to get everything I want in my primary codex, let alone spend stuff from another codex. Since 6th edition I don't recall ever having allies. But I am also not opposed to other people taking them regardless of the power combo they create.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #103 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 09:03 AM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Banning allies is interesting. From a personal point of view I wouldn't care. I never have enough points to get everything I want in my primary codex, let alone spend stuff from another codex. Since 6th edition I don't recall ever having allies. But I am also not opposed to other people taking them regardless of the power combo they create.
I couldn't agree more.

I've got 18K of painted Eldar and it's hard enough to choose an 1,850 Points army list from that little lot, what with them all shouting "Play me! Play me!"l.
And now I'm going to start leaving even more of them out of my list just to shoehorn in some Johnny-cum-Lately's?

I don't think so...

Though I take your life, I promise you the stars...

post #104 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 09:47 AM

CommissarAidan's Flag is: Australia

i would ban captain sicarius he is a bit to over powered with the 5 ed codex he had more special rules than marneus calgar
post #105 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 05:27 PM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
On this topic of conversation This Post has created quite the debate on my FB feed recently... Thought I would let others whom may not have seen it
I like this thought. Ban Allies. That actually fixes a lot of the broken lists...

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #106 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 06:20 PM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Id ban strength D, allies, and FAQ some stuff like the screamer star and wave serpent shield

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #107 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 07:16 PM

Ravion's Flag is: USA

Allies in an army are fine ,in my opinion, as long as the player has a really good reason to have allies in his army (THEME!) and the army doesn't look like its OP.
Players need to remember the game is play for fun not play to win and piss everyone else off!
post #108 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-20-13, 08:28 PM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

This is for tournaments right? So no ones gonna bring any theme based stuff, and the allies are so intone mic it's not even funny- blood angles/necrons your having a laugh! Tau/orks when was I friends with my greatest enemy?
Allies in tourneys are just a way to patch up your armies failings- taudar for instance or space wolves with tau for melee defence, or imp guard for blob squads or cheesy fliers or tanks ETC

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode