Is this allowed??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

CarlM0034's Flag is: England

Default Is this allowed???

for the past couple of games now, my friend has been taking models the have died in combat from the back of the squad and not the models that are actually in combat, is this allowed?? and he takes away imperial guard models when ive wounded on marines! i deffo kno thats not alowed

I kno its abit picky but when u think you've killed a plasma cannon marine and he takes away a bolter marine

I like the way you die boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 02:21 PM

lordmat0's Flag is: United Kingdom

You have to declare what has taken wounds. So no imp guard cant get 3+ saves like that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 02:25 PM

in ranged combat your opponent can take the models he wants to remove unless you make more wounds then he has models, then you decide one of the models that gets a wound and he gets that save first, then any wounds after that he gets to pick.

in close ranged combat, you dont remove from be back, you remove the units they would be hitting infront. though, it is possible that one of the models in the back picked up his gun in the middle of the fight, hence why he still has his plasma cannon.

should read the rules in your rulebook, they are very clearly stated ;)

and yes, you have to declare what your attacking, so if your attacking his marine squad, he cant take the wounds out of his imp guard squad instead.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 02:27 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

remember you can only take models 2" of those fighting in combat.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 02:37 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

in the new rules, you will be able to take anybody out as casualties in CC, but you opponant chooses who to delegate wounds on in range. Eg. If you have an ork squad led by a Nob in Eavy armour. your opponant scores 4 wounds on you (to make it easier, make it an AP- weapon). you can choose how many wounds to take on the Nob, in which case you would have a 4+ armour save, and how many wounds to take on the Orks, where they would get a 6+ armour save. If you choose to take 2 on each, and fail both on the Nob, you cannot then take off ork boyz instead - you must remove the Nob as a casualty. the same applies if you fail your 6+ ork boyz save. you cann ot then take a 4+ save for the Nob (obviously).

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 03:06 PM

40rending's Flag is: Australia

just to clarify...

---------------------------------------------------------------
your opponent is playing an allied space marine/imperial guard army and you have an assault/tactical squad in combat with a marine squad and a guard squad.
---------------------------------------------------------------

simple way to solve this is to make sure all your attacks are clear and understandable. i.e. say this to him 'my marine squad here is attacking the marines in this combat not the guard squad' and point to the combat.

just a personal question here is this at a gaming club, Games workshop store or someones house. if this is at a gaming club/GW store just get one of the staff/regulars/organisers to help clarify the rules to your opponent. or if that fails just dont play him.

---------------------------------------

we have a gamer like this in our local gaming group who always takes a list that is almost 350-400 points more than the game is worth and says it was an accident and he also takes more choices than are allowed(i.e. 4 squads of termis all with chaplains for his elites).

i am trying to teach him how to play fairly and insist that he has an army list ready for me to look at before i get out a single model. i even have his fathers support when i comes to telling him what he does wrong and how to correct it. it has taken 5 sessions(saturdays or sundays) but he now uses somewhat ballanced armys, is usually bellow points and can accept that if he doesn't win he will at least have learnt something about tactics/troop quality or army composition.

there is no 'overkil'l, there is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload'
It's an age old dilemma. You want to set everything on fire, but you can't steal stuff while it's burning. Don't let your passions run away with you! Do things in the correct order! Pillage, THEN burn!
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/index.html
its all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then its fun and games without depth preception.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 03:30 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

well done! we had someone like that at our club for a while. after several weeks of failing to stick to the rules, no one would play him, and he stopped coming.

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 03:54 PM

40rending's Flag is: Australia

i just got sick of hearing the other junior players yelling at him and just being plain rude to his face as well as paying him out behind his back. there are a lot of other players in the group who think he is a waste and a spoilt little brat(he has about 4000+ pts of 'vestroyens', about 3000+ points of ultra smurfs and has just started deamon hunters-- three squads of terminators and a crusader or two on the same day)

i will admit that i did dislike him when i first played him because he would complain about every little thing that went wrong in his assaults, i even made him cry on my turn three once, he wanted an 18 inch deployment and moved his crusader straight up the middle of the board by itself and disembarked to shoot my bait furioso called 'Old Smokey'(30 assault marines in squads of 5, 10 death company and two chaplains assaulting into his ultra smurf termi command and crusader, 4 power fists against the crusader, 2 power fists against the termis, lemartes and extra chappy with power fist against his chappy and 40 rending attacks with littanies against his command squad, IT WAS A MASSACRE)

there is no 'overkil'l, there is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload'
It's an age old dilemma. You want to set everything on fire, but you can't steal stuff while it's burning. Don't let your passions run away with you! Do things in the correct order! Pillage, THEN burn!
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/index.html
its all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then its fun and games without depth preception.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode