Hey tau, AHHHHH - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 02:17 AM

Again, The Greater Good demonstrates its superiority over pink Power Armour with 1970's platform soles. Whilst you have poured scorn on my erstwhile colleague, Tau2007, what you have failed to comprehend is the might of the Tau forces in the 5th. What price a Landraider when a Piranha travelling 24" can reduce it to a pile of molten slag in the blink of an eyelid?

Whilst we might look like the poster children for the battle against Anorexia, at least we don't need major work with a oxy-acetylene torch in order to use the dunny. We're smooth, suave, sophisticated, amazing on the dance floor and have enough charm to persuade Sisters of Battle to shrug off those unflattering lumps of metal and come skinny dipping with us by the light of an alien moon. What do the marines have in response to that (apart from a 3+ armour save)? Nothing except a worrying penchant for touching each others bottoms in the showers. Eat Piranha, pink skins! :fuck:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau2007 View Post

Or . . . you could just accept the superiority of the Tau and join the Greater Good.

Cheers,
Tau2007
Sigged for truth

Also, we have warm snuggly blankets to curl up and nap with. mmm.....

Last edited by Chryos; 07-08-08 at 05:08 AM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau2007 View Post

Come! Join the Greater Good!

We have milk and cookies.

Hey Tau2007 and the other one, i've got a better idea, why don't you stop collecting what ever you collect and join the Emporer besides, we have better milk and cookies and nicer blankets to snuggle up to MMMMMMM!!!
we also have funny hats

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 08:30 AM

TBCX6628's Flag is: USA

in ominous cult voice (THE GREATER GOOD). Yea but Tau get nice crisis suits with air conditioning and 800+ channels, oh and a fully loaded bar in the tanks. unlike swetty marine power armor that makes the marine smell like burnt rubber and bacon, and their bare bone mini vans aka rhinos

Luck is one of my Skills
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 09:12 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

*TSoH puts on a pope hat and grabs a crozius*

The Tau are worth nothing but our contempt. Their blasphemy against the Emperor is fivefold-- they are filthy xenos; they deny His divinity; they deny the manifest destiny of Mankind; they seek to subvert the hearts of the Emperor's subjects; and they make war upon His realm. Their weapons are worthless against passionate faith and MkVII Power Armour! They flee before the roar of a revving chainsword and cower at the sight of drop pods streaking through the skies! Before the might of the Astartes, the Tau Empire is nothing. With the sacred bolt, they shall be purged. Thus is the fate of those who stand against the Emperor and incite the wrath of the Space Marines!

Ahem. *puts the pope hat away* Anyway, seriously, Tau are cool... but 5th Edition is not going to be kind to them. It'll make it possible to actually catch the little bastards in close combat, where they're only mediocre at best. Their jet packs may let them escape some of the wrath of a close combat unit, but the Run rule will make it awfully hard to avoid combat entirely the way that they have been over the course of 4th.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 09:50 AM

jaren's Flag is: USA

as a fervent tau player, the one thing that is a spine up my butt is drop pods, and lots of em.

well placed drop pods in the middle of my fire-bases will screw me to high heaven, yes that means i mainly play defensive tau, the table edge is my friend, but hey it works, your issue with that will be when the tau player brings in the fish's of fury.

some well placed flamers and bc's on the XV-8's could hurt that strategery some though.

anyways, just play him some more and keep on collecting so you can match him mano e' mano that would make things a bit easier as well.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 03:14 PM

Tau2007's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
*TSoH puts on a pope hat and grabs a crozius*

The Tau are worth nothing but our contempt. Their blasphemy against the Emperor is fivefold-- they are filthy xenos; they deny His divinity; they deny the manifest destiny of Mankind; they seek to subvert the hearts of the Emperor's subjects; and they make war upon His realm. Their weapons are worthless against passionate faith and MkVII Power Armour! They flee before the roar of a revving chainsword and cower at the sight of drop pods streaking through the skies! Before the might of the Astartes, the Tau Empire is nothing. With the sacred bolt, they shall be purged. Thus is the fate of those who stand against the Emperor and incite the wrath of the Space Marines!

TSoH -- are you sure you don't run Inquisition or SOBs? 'Cause you'd be excellent at either of them.

Cheers,
Tau2007

Railguns: Str-10 + AP-1 = Life is Swell
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Ahem. *puts the pope hat away* Anyway, seriously, Tau are cool... but 5th Edition is not going to be kind to them. It'll make it possible to actually catch the little bastards in close combat, where they're only mediocre at best. Their jet packs may let them escape some of the wrath of a close combat unit, but the Run rule will make it awfully hard to avoid combat entirely the way that they have been over the course of 4th.
*has the driver crank the AC in the Devilfish*

Bah, if playing mech it will still be hard to catch us, plus fish are harder to kill now if properly equipped. Also you may get to CC faster, but no rolling up the lines through consolidation now. Besides running just means your in rapid fire range faster too I think 5th is gonna have more good than bad for us.

And ya know....*grabs a brownie and a frosty glass of milk* this ahh, "god" emperor of yours should drop by some time! We could have fun, tell stories and get to know each other. This emperor guy sounds like he could really use som "greater good".
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 10:26 PM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

*pulls out the psyhic hood and force staff and boards the drop pod*
My answer on the Tau situation is a drop-pod force, quick, deadly and the pods can cover your guy's back from other attacks ^^.
Also a librarian with Fear of the darkness can scare those annoying Battlesuits away

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

Last edited by Vanchet; 07-08-08 at 10:30 PM.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-08, 10:59 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Tool up for CC and get messy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode