Escalation - What is superheavy? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 04:27 PM
Herald of The Warp
 
Nordicus's Avatar
Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 2,752
Reputation: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperors Knights View Post
but their website clearly states that this is meant to allow for superheavies in regular games, much like the stronghold assault.
The way it is written I would argue that it can be perceived as either of us wrote it. It is not stated that it is mandatory addition to the core rules, but neither is it written as a optional rule set.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still don't see super-heavies being a main thing.
Nordicus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 04:49 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
The way it is written I would argue that it can be perceived as either of us wrote it. It is not stated that it is mandatory addition to the core rules, but neither is it written as a optional rule set.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still don't see super-heavies being a main thing.
Well taking four Codexes in one army is a thing now (Primary, Allied, Inquisitorial, Formation), so why not Super-Heavies?

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Eldar weren't good enough yet, so they had to give them Revenant Titans.

On the other hand, great response to Tau being good. I think pretty much every race except Dark Eldar gets at least one meaningful Super-Heavy, while Tau get precisely none.

Midnight
No tau has the manta.
Reaper45 is offline  
 
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 199
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
The way it is written I would argue that it can be perceived as either of us wrote it. It is not stated that it is mandatory addition to the core rules, but neither is it written as a optional rule set.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still don't see super-heavies being a main thing.
Please show me what you are reading because the way it is written says for us to be able to take super heavies in our 40k games. This isn't a new game release, this is another rule book like Death from the Skies. Now does everyone use flyer ace rules or dogfighting? No, but mostly because they don't really do that much for the game; however when the opportunity arises to take these megatanks (or in my case my $700 dollar thunderhawk) in a game... yes I will jump all over that.
Emperors Knights is offline  
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 07:10 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No tau has the manta.
I think you missed the word 'meaningful'. 99.99% of people have never even seen a Manta, and those who have them will never use them.

I think that everyone who's jumping all over the chance to run their super-heavies have to remember that it's still with opponent's permission. Worth noting before you start rushing to buy Baneblades with Power Field Generator Librarians giving them invulnerables and twin-linked.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 12-04-13 at 07:12 PM.
MidnightSun is offline  
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I think you missed the word 'meaningful'. 99.99% of people have never even seen a Manta, and those who have them will never use them.

I think that everyone who's jumping all over the chance to run their super-heavies have to remember that it's still with opponent's permission. Worth noting before you start rushing to buy Baneblades with Power Field Generator Librarians giving them invulnerables and twin-linked.

Midnight
You mean the same way my opponent needs permission to use a cron flyer list or grey knight cheese list?
Reaper45 is offline  
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 09:58 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You mean the same way my opponent needs permission to use a cron flyer list or grey knight cheese list?
It's even less specific than that. 40k requires permission from your opponent, and if you're a twat, you will not be granted that permission.

40k is like fucking but more productive and less messy - you need to both agree on what you want out of it and how far you're prepared to go, and if you cross those boundaries then there is a problem.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-13, 11:48 PM
Senior Member
 
lockeF's Avatar
lockeF's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 467
Reputation: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
It's even less specific than that. 40k requires permission from your opponent, and if you're a twat, you will not be granted that permission.

40k is like fucking but more productive and less messy - you need to both agree on what you want out of it and how far you're prepared to go, and if you cross those boundaries then there is a problem.

Midnight
... I think I have been playing 40K wrong.

lockeF is offline  
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 01:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockeF View Post
... I think I have been playing 40K wrong.
Me Too....
Reaper45 is offline  
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 06:13 AM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockeF View Post
... I think I have been playing 40K wrong.
Congratulations, you're a tabletop rapist!

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome