Question about nid models - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Stur's Flag is: Iceland

Default Question about nid models

I just got my friend into 40k as well and he wants to go with nids. I was wondering since all the rumors is there any of the current models "Safe to buy" since there will be some new models or is it just all up in the air at the moment? I do not believe that they would publish a new model to replace a model that would be fairly new but I do not know that much about it
Was not sure if this should go here or on the rumors sub, sorry if its wrong sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 02:45 PM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

You should be okay buying anything you like, they won't drop anything but the nerf bats always there
And theres no issue with old models, I know some who uses rogue trader models as smerfs, it's fine

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 04:03 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

You can never be wrong with Tervigons and termagants. Also mawloc/trigon could be a good buy. But i'll never stress enough: TERMAGANTS!!!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 04:16 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hive Tyrants, Gaunts of any variety, Hive Guard, Zoanthropes, Trygon/Mawlocs, Tervigons, any of them are good choices.

Personally I'm betting Tervigons will stop being able to be taken as troops as a way to balance them. So I wouldn't stock up on them or Termagaunts, buying one of each would be safe, just don't double up just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 05:13 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Of course, @Loli , good point. Do not double up (maybe on troops eh) and you just go easy on assumingly always useful units. to be competitive you should need the next codex. Then you will spam-buy the strongest unit (if you like it)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 06:19 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's the thing its hard to gauge what will be a good buy when a codex comes around.

Yes T/L Devourer Flyrants with Double Tervigons and Termagaunts are solid - I say solid as in its the only real build we have right now - now but I seriously believe they will just remove the troop option on Tervigons as a way to balance the obscene numbers they can make and hie good it is - it's not OP by any stretch - at which point your then having to take it as a HQ losing the Flyrants so you then have to have a rethink. So I just think buying 1 of whatever squad you fancy and go from there. That way your not hurt if choices get nerfed but in a safe position if choices are good. Right now if I were new to 'Nids only until I'd double up on are Gaunts because we'll it's Gaunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Ah okay nice thanks for the help!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 01:55 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

@Stur
Another thing to keep in mind (to remind your friend) is that you can always magnatize. If you do that, instead of just gluing the arms/weapons/whatever on, then when the new codex hits, you wont be stuck with what you have. Plus, it's a good habit to get into. Pays off in the long run. Just like pining.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 02:55 PM

Dies Irae's Flag is: France

Location: In space, targeting you with plasma cannons. (Actually I am from France)

Regarding the new models the rumours currently hint at Hive Guard/Tyrant Guard and Zoanthropes being redone, Termagaunts as well, and a miniature for the Harpy+ a new flyer.

Considering the Hive Tyrant, Tervigon/Tyranofex, Raveners, Venomthrope and Trygon/Mawloc are fairly recent models I'd say that you cant go wrong with them

Check out my army: Iron Warriors 44th company

Sanity is for the weak
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
@Stur
Another thing to keep in mind (to remind your friend) is that you can always magnatize. If you do that, instead of just gluing the arms/weapons/whatever on, then when the new codex hits, you wont be stuck with what you have. Plus, it's a good habit to get into. Pays off in the long run. Just like pining.
Ah yeah magnatizing is something I will look into and have him do aswell, gona try and see if I can find some good tutorials on how to do it thinks for reminding me !

Ah thanks for the info on models aswell, seems fairly likely like you say that, they will probably not be redoing recent models and updating the older ones first at the very least !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode