Have we got 40k fatigue? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Default Have we got 40k fatigue?

Does anyone else feel they are getting overloaded with the hobby at the moment? G.W and F.W and B.L are churning out product which is a good thing but I'm feeling a little left behind, I have not even got 6th ed rules yet! Now real life is a big factor but all the new shiney to choose from and my huge sprue pile that needs painted makes the hobby to me a little daunting at the moment, post count is down on the forum and I'm wondering is there a bit 40k burnout amongst the community at the moment, not just on the forum but actual hobby and gaming are people getting many games in?

Your thoughts please.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 10:50 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Seems like a good enough theory.

Personally, I'm currently coiled like a spring to get to work on some things but a lack of decent amounts of "sit down" time are preventing me from doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 10:56 PM

projectda's Flag is: USA

The new codex is getting me back to work on my ironhands. Just need more money and free time right now. once I get up to speed, ill shift back to my other two armies.

DIVTIVS VOS OBTVTVS IN CASSVS, PENITVS CASSVS OBTVTVS IN VOS.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 10:57 PM

It's all going a bit fast for me too. I have so many army ideas whenever a codex is released that at the moment I have like 5 or 6 concepts in mind using the new books but can't decide what to do but I see this as a positive thing actually as anything that allows players more choice is a good thing.

All these codices/codexes/whatever-the-plural-is are doing a number on my wallet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I'd rather take my chances at the end of Kharn the betrayers axe, while Typhus sneezes on me Ahriman pokes me with tentacles and Lucius rapes my leg (Abby can sit in the corner crying) than with the imperium.

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 11:15 PM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know how you feel. It seems that there is so much out there that is new and interesting but looking at what is currently on (and under) our playroom work table, we are currently holding off temptation and attempting to work out a plan to deal with what we currently have! And by we, I mean the daughter and myself "splitting" tasks on the painting front! Looks like we'll be busy till at least X'mas at the rate we are going at the moment!!!

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-03-13, 12:10 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I'm the complete opposite nowadays, all this new junk....err 40k stuff just has me shaking my head, so it don't bother me
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-03-13, 12:44 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I have been trying to slow down anyway. I went through a stage where I had almost 600 infantry in varying states of incompleteness. I have dealt with most of that over the last few years and am down to about 9 marines, 10 necrons, 18 demonettes,6 seekers, 5 bikes and 5 oblits to complete. I have finished all my big projects and have 2 more coming, a peturabo conversion and thunderbolt conversion. I am purposefully taking it slow and trying to avoid the new developments. I never want that much unpainted grey on my desk again.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-03-13, 01:01 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

A little bit. I'm actually going into fantasy a bit (Wood Elves FTW!) because of how crazy everything is. I'll still play (even expanding my IG) but until either theirs or the BA codex comes out, I'm going to be slowing down a great deal with 40k.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-03-13, 01:06 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I can't say I'm overwhelmed with GW products. I have a couple of units and vehicles to paint. I'm mostly buying things I look forward to painting when I have free time again.

I think GW is finally producing products as fast as the gamers said they wanted them.

Seems ironic to be overwhelmed when players have been calling for this rate of production for years.

I feel somewhat left behind by forge world, but that's only because I can't justify the expense of the books, minis, and shipping. But they are awesome.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-03-13, 01:38 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm the opposite at the moment - usually i like to do one project at a time but i currently have about 6 on the go.

I've started playing games again though, so that's the main reason. Modelling and painting are still my first love, but a fun game with some mates now and again certainly spurs me on.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode