We are the Children of the Sun - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-13, 07:57 AM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

C'mon, the Chapter Master has *got* to be Solaire Astora.

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-13, 01:26 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Those Torrid Ones are insane. 4 attacks on the charge, plus a rerollable HoW, with AP1!?!?!? attacks? Oh, and they have invuls against shooting?

Ewww... I assume, what, 30-40 points each? I'd say these guys are scarier than Death Company.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Yep sounds like my slice of cake

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 07:10 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Just a little tip then I'm off.

Don't make them OP. Don't take it over the top. Like most of the rules and suggestions so far.

A small tweak is all you need. Your army is essentially salamanders and then you are throwing loads on top.

Simply using the salamanders. Having a unique not overpowered character of your own and you are sorted.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

The one thing I don't want them to be is a copy of the salmanders; I'm going to try and make them more smoke with a medium flame in the middle instead of the salamnder giant flames an lava

Last edited by Jono40k; 04-04-14 at 06:43 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 11:32 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Be that as it may it sounds like you are just trying to be what salamanders are or fire hawks but better than them at it.

Don't get me wrong I love home grown rules and chapters but maybe tone it down a little. If you tone it down then casual gamers are more likely to let you use your own rules and such.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

So far I have been running this with ,my four gaming friends and they all agree to it, we actually don't use points, just whatever we've got.

Once the half-term break is here I will try and start the actual chapter's models.

Last edited by Jono40k; 10-12-13 at 10:59 AM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 09:02 AM

Iron_Freak220's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Those Torrid Ones are insane. 4 attacks on the charge, plus a rerollable HoW, with AP1!?!?!? attacks? Oh, and they have invuls against shooting?

Ewww... I assume, what, 30-40 points each? I'd say these guys are scarier than Death Company.
Nah, they're not worth 40 points a piece. Yes they are scarier than Death Company but so are other units.

First off, they only have 3 attacks plus the hammer of wrath. *They arent doubly armed* True they are AP1 but they are also only S4 so they AP1 doesnt really help you against armor even though it looks like it. It's mostly there to fit the fluff and ignore armor saves, so its effectively AP2.

Death Company are 20 points a model and they have +1 WS, Rage, Feel No Pain, Fearless, and access to Guns.

The Torrid Ones have an invul (against shooting), AP1 and HoW that rerolls to wound. I'd say 5 points for the AP value and the rest can be considered roughly equal to death company. So the Torrid Ones clock in around 25 points...maybe 30...maybe.

Chaos Space Marines: Stay Spikey

Codex: The Ascended (Malice) WIP

Forging the Corruptor

Forum Formula Forever!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about the delay, I have a few things on further up my priorities list like replacing my laptop. I will get round to doing this some day, even if its in 20 years or more!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-14, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Just to make it clear, this thread isn't dead.

In other news I have figured out some background!
3rd founding chapter, unknown descendent, created to protect a planet ideal for a forge world cause some pysker in the salamanders predicted a large dark eldar force would inveade it in the 41st millennium
( I decide this because one of my friends is an dark eldar collector). They also took part in the fight for Armageddon against the works.Their homeworld has also been under attack mny times by the tyranids and tau.

I'm thinking about designing a codex supplement for them, a imperial armour 2 supplement for the vehicles and a warzone: Talus VI ( their home world). Any chapter tactics ideas would be appreciated

I'm going to do an infernus pattern of every vehicle, but I would like some ideas on this especially on how to do infernus dreadnought, landspeeder, jetbike and possibly bike. infernus bit basically is extra armour, dozer blade and one or more flame/heat based weaponry as extra, points varying for setups.
The planet has later turned out to be a hidden treasure trove from the earlier times, filled with unique tech and STC'S of FW vehicles.( because I want a 11th company filled with relic vehicles)
My chapter have replaced half or less of their bikes with jetbikes.
The chapter home world planet is a planet similar to planet earth at the time of volcano's and before the seas And stuff.
The geneseed has mutations:
The organ which passes out poison by circulating blood has mutated so it produces so much blood, causing an extremely high blood pressure, it also takes out any blood cells effected by carbon monoxide poisoning. This mutation is unnoticeable on their home world as the atmosphere contains said gas, it of world they have to mix carbon monoxide into the air they breath, if they don't they fall into coma for a while, eventually their heart will stop in this coma due to the pressure of the blood.
The sus'an membrane is overly reactive, it activates when hit hard enough, so they did a Black Dragon to cover the For head with a bony membrane.
They have a similar eye and skin colour to the salamander.
the Catalepsean node sometimes go's into overdrive, this causes the space marine to stay peramantly awake, they form into a (Blood angels like) death company called the awoken. this state enrages and causes them to want to be killing all the time. The apocatherie will stimulate genes so they get some claws like the black dragons
They have a Bletchers gland mutation, it produces a toxic and flammable gasses, the marines have a moddified helemt that contains a pilot light with opening grills.

The pyre guard ( Torrid ones as designed by ironfreak2200 (I think that's how its spelt)) have a revered organ placed in them which makes the air crackle around them and the other cool stuff ironfreak said.

They have a standard organization except the 1st company is entirely terminators, so a squad of veterans go in every company, the honour guard are pyre guard and 11th company= relic company which has age of heresy vehicles and stuff.
I have names for the captains but will post later when the time is right.
Is that enough fluff to feed kharn the blood god for the time being?
As always all contribution s are welcome because I would love feedback and help cause I'm useless.

Last edited by Jono40k; 04-11-14 at 01:43 PM. Reason: more stuf....YYYYAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode