New SM Codex and Blood Angels - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Wilder's Flag is: USA

I would understand the named characters and special units like DC staying the same price, but the common units like tac, assault, dev and veterans I would like to see a FAQ or something bringing them more in line with other marines until their new dex comes out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 10:29 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Don't hold your breath on that one.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 10:34 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

BA marines have an additional rule though, they are not the same as vanilla marines and as field says good luck with that FAQ, it's not going to happen.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 11:19 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

There are a number of important differences--for instance, I am led to believe that BA assault squads can take meltas, while SM assault squads cannot. (Also reduced scatter, red thirst, etc) I would pay a premium for that.

But essentially no, unless you want to play with an allied contingent from one and a primary detachment from the other, you can't legally get such cheaper models in your 'dex.

Of course, if your opponents in your local gaming store agree to it (or let you include a Stalker, Hunter or Centurions, for instance), we can hardly stop you from doing so. I doubt that many players would let you do as such, but you may as well ask. Don't just go in assuming that you'll be allowed to and not tell an opponent until after you've deployed or something, though.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 11:28 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilder View Post
I was wondering with the point decrease in a lot of the units in the new codex if that would transfer over to the other Space Marine Codices such as Space Wolves and Blood Angels(which I play)?
When it comes out, yes. Earliest word in the rumour mill is late 2014, and considering 7 out of 16 (now 6 out of 15 since BT was rolled up into C:SM) codices have now updated in really the first year of 6th I can see it happening. Not that I'm holding my breath, but I hope to see it by the end of next year/early the 2015.

Currently having no issues with our -now at least- over costed items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
There are a number of important differences--for instance, I am led to believe that BA assault squads can take meltas, while SM assault squads cannot. (Also reduced scatter, red thirst, etc) I would pay a premium for that.
mmmmm yes. Descent of Angels - JPs scatter D6" when DSing and I don't even know how you use RAS without meltas sometimes Not to mention they're scoring. As long as we have all these fancy space vampire rules we'll always cost more, but I assume there will be a general reduction.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 09-11-13 at 11:30 PM.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 11:44 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

I'm not complaining. I can still fit fourty ish marines a raven and a handful of dreads and tanks into 1750, and we still have more speed and (basically) everything than the smurfs. They can take 140pt Tac. Squads? Great. We have scoring jumpers. They have cheaper Sternguard? Well, that's before you factor in combi-weapons. They have grav weapons? We have hand flamers and infernus pistols.

The SM codex is new and shiny, but honestly BA are doing just fine where they are. Of course, there will be a general move away from them (because 30 points per 10 guys difference is kinda huge), but that will just leave the dedicated core who will be laughing our baddasses off when our new codex comes out.

Not to mention we have our own powers.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-13, 11:57 PM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
Sure, in 3-4yrs time, until then tough luck.
Well in the little over a year that 6th has came out we have seen 6 new codices, if they keep up this rate every army will have a new shinny codex in 2 years. Then (hopefully) they will start pumping out supplements and other cool things like Apoc.

In all likely hood Blood Angels might even get one next year. Nids are slated for the end of this year, which leaves Orks, IG, and Space Wolves as the only codices that are older then the Blood Angels.

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-13, 12:12 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
All the good stuff
Bang on

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-13, 06:18 AM

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
I think the best thing for BA would be supplement to SM like the old days. I'm
a BA player too.

Unit entry for sanguinary guard, death company, Baal and furioso, one paragraph for red thirst rule.

Jobs a good un!
And people would stop bitching that there's a million smurfs around! Yay

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-13, 09:08 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

BA still have a very good codex except for the slightly inflated price, but as a general rule the whole codex is not too badly priced. A hardback codex should be created with 18 months I would think.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode