Where do you stop your army? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-13, 12:40 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

depends on the army, my orks i have a rough list that probably exceeds 30k points and i know that i'll come up with new units before i get that completed.

I've started focussing on clearing backlog and sidelined projects atm so even though i've not stopped working on the orks they havn't gained new models in their "to be built" pile for a while now.

Some of the projects which i've started as a distraction from the greenskins do have a limit however. The white panther list i wrote is 2500points and i don't intent to stray from it. I don't see me having a lot of interest in expanding them beyond that point afterwards, i'll probably do another chapter if i get the urge to go back to marines after that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 03:27 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

It depends on the project and the army. I am another one that with the orks I am never going to stop I had 20k in orks and don't plan on stopping adding more. But my dark eldar I can't see going passed more than the 2000 points I had planned for them. So it depends on the project.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-05-13, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm resisting the urge to expand my army by dipping into another chapter, problem is for that chapter I want to use the HH legion list so it's not really expanding it's like adding a second space marine chapter since the models will still be the same as 40k ones, but I'm also doing crusade era salamanders, gah so many ideas, so little time or money.

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 02:57 AM
Kr00gZ's Flag is: Australia

Tyranids - When I have at least one of every unit in the codex

DA - When I have Full 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 10th Companies.

...so... Never. :-P
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 03:07 PM

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

I usually have some general idea of what I want my army to look like before I begin making it, so that's what I work towards. I look at the codex, figure out which units make sense for my army fluff-wise, and go from there. Of course, then a new codex comes out, so I have to repeat the process a bit, or I just get a fun idea for something new (like a super heavy vehicle or something). I guess I never completely "stop" any of my armies, I just really slow down production when I run out of ideas.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 03:38 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Imperial Guard: Probably when I can field 5,000-6,000 points in an Apocalypse game
without Titans.

Chaos Space Marines: At least a company's worth of Night Lords, and not one of the 1,000 man modern Space Marine companies I'm talking the old Crusade/Heresy era companies.

Really I'll probably never stop expanding, just concentrating on other armies for a little while before going back to something else.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 04:58 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

"stop" is... such a strange word. I have a Chapter of Space Marines, and probably a little under half of that in Chaos Space Marines (though I don't have nearly the extensive armored support for my Chaos Space Marines as I do for my Lions Rampant.) I do only have about 2500 in Dark Eldar, though, and never felt the urge to expand past that...

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 10:06 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

I have no real plan to stop with my SM stuff

If I get bored, I'll start throwing in some stuff from a different chapter to spice up my painting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 10:56 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I can't keep adding to an army which is significantly past the 2000 point mark. There are too many fun new projects on my mind by that point, and I have more than enough to make various 1500 point lists by then anyway (1500 being my favourite game size)
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-30-13, 12:56 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

For me it's when I get to a point where I only have the ridiculous things to buy. For my orks, I reached a point where I have enough boyz that it knocked me sick every time I saw how many were unpainted. I still pick up stuff for them (after 4 years) though, because I love orks. I want a load of FW stuff, grot tanks, battle fortress, some of the planes a few more stompas (have 1 at the mo). If I was loaded and didn't have to work I swear I'd have more orks than any man should have, I just love making stuff for them, converting tanks, etc.

My SW I've painted up almost (... not quite) as I've picked them up, and nearly have a great company. For these I've worked to a fluffy feel to them. With the bit in the codex saying about people caught by redmaw's great company being literally ripped to shreds, I've got ten wolves, 7 thunderwolf cavalry, five wulfen models, and a big leaning to close combat over firepower. Left to get for them is another Land Raider, two preds, four rhinos and three drop pods and that's the lot. Have a few DKoK fellas I'm using as the PDF too, but not too many. My aim is to have a full great company + armour and flexibility.

Grey Knights - my mate flogged me a load still boxed, I want to get more, but at the same time, the rest are just sat on a shelf base coated and washed. No aim for these. There's about 2500 points and they'll probably stay like that... although I do want some of the small flyers...

Red Corsairs - got the DV boxed set, passed on the DA to people, and started a tiny Red Corsairs force. It's now at 2,500 pts. I don't particularly want to, but probably will end up buying loads... :-|

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode