Future of GW business article - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:16 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Yep we know you have issues with GW Stella, thank you for your comments.

What other companies are doing doesn't really matter if GW is still selling product for a profit though.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:26 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Yep we know you have issues with GW Stella, thank you for your comments.

What other companies are doing doesn't really matter if GW is still selling product for a profit though.
You mean false profits.
Reducing production cost
Reducing staff numbers
Closing stores and making more independent stockists (those racks the models are on cost more than a months rent)
Increasing prices
Quick release schedule
= temporary or false profits, making the company seem successful to potential buyers and to shareholders

When you spread the products around into stupid places like taxi offices, who have to pay £600-800 per rack while closing down a store that cost £600-800 rent, of course it makes profit, especially when some stores sell bugger all

post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:30 AM

It is still profit though, and they continue to sell shit. I haven't bought a thing since CSM released and have no plans to, it is out of my price range that I allow myself. Yet each release of a new codex they sell a crap load of ungodly expensive 'limited' codexes. Many of us may not like the prices but the bottom line is they are still turning a profit. Even with the reductions that you pointed out they are doing that profit. If they maintain this pace with releases I don't see that changing.

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:45 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

It's not a great deal of profit on the grand scale of things though.

I'd like to say eventually GW fans will say enough is enough......but they've had plenty of chances, that's the problem when a company has Justin bieber/one direction levels of fans, they just don't learn or listen to reason, their just lemmings

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 08-19-13 at 07:48 AM.
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:49 AM

Nope it's not, yet it is more than many other companies can claim. I bet the SM codexes fly off the shelf next month. The centurion models too even if they ate horrible sculpts. I see GW spending the next year doing all the dexs to 6th. Then they will pump the supplement well until it dries up. Then 7th will reprime the whole thing.

post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

I thik a big reason to the huge changes in the GW business plan is also that half there profits used to come from selling rights to game developers, now that THQ has dried up and other games companies having to slow down development GW are having to look elsewhere for that money so they are reducing costs and increasing margins.

Anyway here is part 2 of the article, more on retailer relations than the business sde of things:

http://masterminis.blogspot.de/2013/...ames-days.html

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 11:59 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
You mean false profits.
Reducing production cost
Reducing staff numbers
Closing stores and making more independent stockists (those racks the models are on cost more than a months rent)
Increasing prices
Quick release schedule
= temporary or false profits, making the company seem successful to potential buyers and to shareholders

When you spread the products around into stupid places like taxi offices, who have to pay £600-800 per rack while closing down a store that cost £600-800 rent, of course it makes profit, especially when some stores sell bugger all
false profit????wtf

reducing production costs is a good thing

reducing staff levels, again if they are surplus to requirements is a good thing

closing stores, if the stores are not profitable, again closing them is a good thing, plus GW have opened 5 new stores in the uk this year and have relocated several to cheaper premises around the world,again a good thing.

increasing prices, they have only increased prices on paints and brushes which was a direct effect of there supplier increasing there price to GW,only a tiny number of items have increased when re packaged but they have also reduced prices by selling in squads and are at this very minute having a sale on surplus stock, but there was no annual price increase this yearon like for like products.

quick release schedule, again seen by most as a good thing,less waiting around for new stuff so more chance to spend.

and there is no such thing as a false profit, you either made more money than you spent or you didnt, thats how profit works, how you got there has no bearing on it being profit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 12:07 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

No no no no everything must be based on the premise that GW lie about everything.
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 12:15 PM

arlins's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
No no no no everything must be based on the premise that GW lie about everything.
don't forget the whole board of directors wear red and carry pitchforks as well .....
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 01:00 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

and that investors who buy millions of pounds worth of shares are blind to the true nature of the company that only a self aggrandised random knob on the internet can see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode