Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

And you thought your armies were big...

3K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  emporershand89 
#1 ·
Check this out (unfortunately in dutch)

This dude is selling his collections at the moment.

Marktplaats.nl - Advertenties van boomboo uit Amsterdam

A complete chapter of Blood angels, imperial fists and ultramarines (yes that's about a 1000 miniatures per chapter)

Blood ravens, sons of sanguinius and crimson fists companies, (around a 100 each)

11 (?!) thunderhawks, not sure if they are the real deal, but still..

And he is still saying there is more to come. :wacko:

#3 ·
there are two reason why I don't owe so many figures, apart from money: risk of crap painting and storage problems...the very problems the guy seems to experience :p

#9 ·
How old are these figures, I haven't seen anyone use green bases in forever... Could be something he did on his own though. It saddens me to see them all in a box that haphazardly. I mean, I don't exactly have the money to buy a battle-chest right now, but I'm at least going to do something protective for them.

#11 ·
Christballs. He's probably selling because he got carpal tunnel from trying to paint it all. You can see he tried his hand at painting a good number of those models and actually got them to tabletop standard.

I feel like I just watched an episode of Hoarders.

#13 ·
They don't call it plasti-crack for nothing. I know people who have entire cupboards full of unassembled stuff. and boxes full of half painted minis, while they still buy more stuff to work on new projects.

#14 ·
If he owned a store and every time someone quit he bought them out for very little then amassing this over a few years wouldn't be that hard - the thunderhawks I would guess were bought to complete it.

Quite why I cannot guess, but maybe the guy wanted a seriously over the top display :)

He could have been buying them part painted off people also, would explain the seemingly haphazard look of the "collection"

#15 ·
Mary mother of.... :shok:

*faints*

#16 ·
They don't call it plasti-crack for nothing. I know people who have entire cupboards full of unassembled stuff. and boxes full of half painted minis, while they still buy more stuff to work on new projects.
100% Agree. I bought 10 Space Wolves as a present for a nephew at Christmas...

... 20 more Wolves, 20 CSM, 5 SW Termies, 5 Chaos Termies, 5 Havocs, 5 Devastator Marines, a Chaos Lord, 2 Chaos Sorcerers, Bjorn the Fell Handed, Ulrik the Slayer, 1 Chaos Predator, 1 Predator, 2 Bikes, a Hell Brute (ebay) 20 Cultists, (ebay) and numerous bits from ebay later.

Number of models fully painted = 1

Plasti-crack is definitely the right term.

LOL

#19 ·
As much as I would love to paint a full chapter, that is a lot of work.

And storage! Thats just a mental way to store figures!

Why exactly is he selling? (Besides having way more than any person could really honestly need).

#20 ·
I just had a quick glance. I'm terrified that there may some older stuff in there that I'll want to get my grubby hands on...... :read:

#24 ·
Fucking hell! :shok:

#28 ·
Wow . . . that's pretty horrifying.

It really is like an episode of hoarders. I dare say the painting skill all looks about the same which suggests its one strange bastard who is really painting all of this (poorly).

I can't even imagine the type of disposable income which would be required to amass such a Smaug-like mound of warhammer miniatures. There's some Dutch guy who slumbers on a pile of warhammer figures.

The only things I can imagine are:
1) he's wealthy, has a short attention span, and megalomaniacal factors
2) he's a GW manager who buys his own stock to keep his store in business
3) He's a mental case spending his assistance checks on warhammer. (I posit this sadly having worked in a FLGS where the 1st of the month a dude would come in and basically blow his welfare check on comics and collectables. Every month.)
4) maybe it's somebody collecting second hand armies, repainting them and reselling.

#30 ·
I fear it's number 3.. I tried to contact him once as he also had 5 chapters (Yes chapters i.e. 1000 marines each) + several titans from armorcast and GW for sale, but the responses I got were just downright weird. It is a shame though, seeing as how he treats the models and how little fun he seemed to have had with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.