Next logical direction for Forge World to take. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Next logical direction for Forge World to take.

So once FW is done with the HH (that'll probably be when I'm in the ground but anyway), where do you think they will head of next?

Thanks to the HH we have seen how much demand there is for shinys from a previously "fluff" only domain of the 40K verse so I highely doubt FW won't try and capatalise on this.

I think it would be probably be the Reign of Blood, there are more than enough units in there to come up with some pretty cool options and units and its not something that has ever been touched by GW really.

Seeing something on the first war of Armageddon would be cool however I think that planet will be left alone due to GW already going over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 10:48 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

At the rate they are going that will be year 2020?

Since I am mainly an Eldar player here are some things they could do that I would love.

The two missing scorpion chassis vehicles

Knight class titan

Jetbikes

Vyper

Nightwing mk2

Warlock titan

That's just of the top of my head.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 10:58 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I would like to see them produce more character minis from Black Library books, I would kill to get my hands on a Soul Drinkers Sarpedon miniature!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 11:59 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
I would like to see them produce more character minis from Black Library books, I would kill to get my hands on a Soul Drinkers Sarpedon miniature!
This, i would love one too.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 04:19 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

perhaps doing the Sabbatt worlds crusade, or the Macharian Crusade to do something in segmentum Pacificus.

----

although Armageddon would be awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 08:37 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Horus Heresy I think is pretty unique in that nearly every 40k player knows about it, even those that have very little interest in fluff. It has been part of 40k for a very very long time.

I can't say I have much contact with the fluff, but all of the battles(?) listed so far I haven't even heard of, I would say I have an average interest in fluff and a low interest in marines - not sure how typical that is, but if it is then there would be less interest in models for such events.

I think it much more likely we see some of the major characters (as mentioned) the very scenic show-models which have been made for the primarchs are a good example of what FW can make and sell to the fluff fans and they break into the less tapped "painter-modeller" crowd who don't care about the games just paint nice models from any manufacturer.

As for the GW support role that FW fullfills, I see more upgrades/bits sales - HH is a good model for what can be done. Niches like as Djinn said the missing phoenix lords for Eldar and of course the ever present big tanks element.

The final avenue which I expect to see in the next few years is another non-imperial FW only army, Chaos dwarves shows how it can be done and if there is an option for FW then they will do it, one niche appeal army which would lend itself to highly detailed models and tanks would be mechanicum (which they seem to be tentatively exploring) or maybe even the highly ignored sisters of battle?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 08:53 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

i'd be disappointed if FW continue to produce large volumes of "themed" products.

I've always seen them as producing the miniatures that don't appeal to the main stream but provide that bit extra to the serious collector or player who wants things on a grander scale.

TBH I'll be glad when the HH stuff is finished and they get back to some of the more quirky things. The Space Marine AA Missile Battery and Land Raider Achilles hold more attraction to me than the Legion troopers.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 09:06 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

they havent stopped producing "normal" stuff because of HH, imperial armour 12 just came out with the new necron stuff in it.

I see them just going back to how things were prior to the HH stuff,with maybe some more focus on the warhammer fantasy stuff, Personally i would like to see them expand into more guard regiments , a 40k mechanicum army if GW wont take up the reigns and as always give us new and exciting stuff for established armies.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 09:36 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
This! So this. Always been tempted to try convert him, but a FW model would be an organ selling must buy.

Yes I admit I'm biased with this want just by my Avatar alone. I'd like them go and make units and armies for stuff that exists in fluff but not on the board. In this case the Adeptus Mechanicus. They have been around for a long while and do exist strongly in the universe even having a huge army of their own. So a genuine Ad Mech list and models would be sexy. Especially if you give modelling for the Dark Mech. The HH Mechanicum models prove they can make them as sexy as they deserve. :-)

Id also like them to take on Sisters if GW continue to leave them alone.

Regarding direction, more stuff for big fluff eras would be cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 09:47 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I dont ever see them moving away from producing stuff for HH. There are 18 chapters they can be producing for. A different set of terminator armour, different vehicle variants. I'd personally like to see them create a stormbird.

More Eldar titan variants would be nice.

I think Knights would be a good direction to go in. Mid sized walkers would be ideal in Apoc.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode