worst 40k units! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-27-08, 09:54 PM

Still 3 spore mines isn't crap at all. Took out an entire tac. squad once.....
SPace marine shotguins are being upgraded to str.4 ap- assault 2 so they're even better than they usually are.
Whirlwinds now can ignore cover instead of laying mines. Not as effective as before but brilliant in a City of Death game... The vengeance shot is still a bitch against power armour.... Not as effective than others but still good.

SM-Basic landspeeder-wow a fast heavy bolter.....
CSM-posessed are good when lucky but yeah can be shite
SoB-sisters repentia-slow in moving, slow in combat, low(or no I think) armour and are gonna get hit first anyway
Daemonhunters-inquisitor without upgrades- cheap and not that good at anything but can give access to good things
orks-Cyborks-too pricey, not worth it
Necrons-flayed ones- deepstike then d onothing as they have no ranged stuff

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-27-08, 10:10 PM

hayzo's Flag is: Ireland

Im just gonna silently puke at the fact someone suggested pathfinders as worst unit. 3 or 4 markerlights will dramatically increase fwarriors bs, leading to much str 5 death. Eldar guardians yes. Handy to hiide away for objectives but otherwise.... good tactics needed at least.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 03:24 AM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by dander View Post
biovores are the worst tyranid.
Raveners, man. Raveners.

NO bang for your buck. At all.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 04:27 AM

Tigirus's Flag is: Canada

It's reslly point of view and playing style personally, for me the worst unit is bikers, no matter what I do they never get the charge and keep getting bogged down and shot, assualt marines and Landspeeders are much more effective, especially with melta weapons
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 04:44 AM

My opinion

Conscripts for Imperial, duh.

For Necrons it's definately pariahs. They look good, they aren't good. They're expensive and get shot down before they even get close to anything.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 06:04 AM

biker SM seem weak, I agree. I like my CSM bikers, though. The key to playing them is bringing LOTS and having a Lord with them. They can hit HARD and fast if played right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigirus View Post
It's reslly point of view and playing style personally, for me the worst unit is bikers, no matter what I do they never get the charge and keep getting bogged down and shot, assualt marines and Landspeeders are much more effective, especially with melta weapons
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 02:48 PM

shas'o_mi'ros'kai's Flag is: Australia

anything that may raise your toughness isnt going to help you in the long run. Afterall, the only thing between you and a bolter/plasma/shuriken/plasma pulse/gauss/lasbolt/acid/flame round that will kill you is that thin sheet of metal with wheels, you call, a bike

Tau Empire
W/17 L/26 D/3 <--- those were 4th ed
W/17 L/8 D/7 <--- This is 5th ed

Oooo, almost beat my previous win count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
and of course any Forum which talks about more than bloody space marines day in and day out, 24/7, 365days a freaking year, causing severe arterial hemorrhaging from extreme boredom and stupidity is always a good thing *hint big freaking bloomin hint*
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 04:10 PM
Tactless Tactician

Using bikers as assault units is what makes them suck.

They aren't an assault unit, they're a mobile shooting force.

Use 'em that way, and they do just fine.

Now, ORK Bikers... THOSE guys are INSANE....

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 04:41 PM

There are a few units that tend to disappoint.

For Dark Eldar, it has been their vehicles, so easily shot down. This is apparently going to change. Also most of the models are poor, and grotesques and mandrakes are just not very good at anything.... Dark Eldar also have a number of the WORST models citadel ever put out: (1) Incubi. (2) Hellions (3) Scourges (4) Warp Beasts (5) Dark Eldar warriors (6) Wyches. These are the top worst six citadel minis ALL IN ONE ARMY. And they have a codex dating from 1998, which is before some players were even born! All in all this is the list in need of some work. It is a great concept, and could become a really great list when they finally re-do it. For now it is the land of disappointment.

For Tyrannids, the latest Lictors and Ravenors are a little weaker. Also how do Biovores end up getting to shoot three spore mines EACH per turn? It used to be an ordanance template, which was good, but small template and shootable mines make them a fairly weedy option when you could be loading up 200 points of Carnifex instead, or three Zoantrophes all with psychic scream!

For CSM the new codex has pulverised the 2002 lists. It is not that units are weak or overpriced, but it is sad that so many fun (and overpowered) things have run away to start their own Codex! Where have the Bloodthirsters gone?

Oh that's right! To Apocalypse! How sick!

If you want to nominate a cruddy unit, how about IG infantry, set in lines with their single heavy weapons waiting for the enemy charge! I'm not saying they lack power for points or anything like that, but what kind of tactical options are there with squads of guys who lose their one decent shot if they move? Nearly everything in the game can run and fight.

I think IG infantry lines are the worst units, especially when they are deployed and played as a defensive fire line1 YAWN!
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-08, 05:07 PM

agree that lictors just dont seem to do what they should anymore... Thats why you see players bringing elite CC carnifexes instead. No element of surprise, but deadly all the same. Lictors need more attacks to be effective.

Flanking with scything talon only raveners can work well... Its that catch 22 of shoot at them and the Genestealers get to you full strength, or ignore them and the raveners get 6 STR 4 hits EACH on the charge. Nasty, but a bit expensive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode