Iyanden Supplement Rumours Updated 3 June 2013 - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 02:53 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
well if it doesnt impact you because you have a stand alone codex why would you hope they dont release suppliments for other stuff such as you have mentioned? thats a bit selfish of you, you may as well have come on here and said "fuck you pointy eared bastards lovers, i have my new standalone codex and its many different chapter specific plastic kits,you lot can kiss my entire bone coloured ass"
Could Iyanden been done as a Special Character unlock of Wraith units as Troops? Well, fuck me, yes it could. I hope they don't release supplements for other stuff because I don't want GW to charge people shitloads for playing an army they like. I'm on the side of the Eldar players here, I sure as fuck don't want you to pay $40 or whatever it costs to use your yellow Wraithguard, because y'know, I like fighting varied armies. If everyone who wants to run a Wraith army has to pay $40 for the privelige, less Iyanden armies will be seen, which will suck for the game and suck the variety out of it. We'll just see more of the same Heldrakes and Necrons.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 03:58 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Could Iyanden been done as a Special Character unlock of Wraith units as Troops? Well, fuck me, yes it could. I hope they don't release supplements for other stuff because I don't want GW to charge people shitloads for playing an army they like. I'm on the side of the Eldar players here, I sure as fuck don't want you to pay $40 or whatever it costs to use your yellow Wraithguard, because y'know, I like fighting varied armies. If everyone who wants to run a Wraith army has to pay $40 for the privelige, less Iyanden armies will be seen, which will suck for the game and suck the variety out of it. We'll just see more of the same Heldrakes and Necrons.

Midnight
but i dont want you on my side, i want my supplement with my red and black eldar thank you very much! and im happy to pay my £30 for it too, im also happy to hand over £30 for this one too, it has nothing to do with running what ever army, its about wanting to own stuff relating to my army,so it might only have minor alterations to the core dex, but i want the other 100 pages of fluff,photos,and anything else they have chucked in there because its important to ME the very same points you are arguing could be used to slip the dark angels back into the space marine codex. Adding supplements doent reduce variety any more than having different non chapter codex does, if anything it adds variety,it gives people a stronger relationship to a craftworld because it adds depth to that craftworld beyond "these are all yellow dead dudes or those red dudes like bikes". You know whats nice too,GW chose Eldar to start this, not marines, not chaos, not imperial guard, Eldar despite being one of the original starter armies gets very little attention paid to it and in my opinion is very under used,so forgive me if im feeling a little starved when it comes to stuff coming out for my chosen army.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #83 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 04:07 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

im looking forward and going to buy the book when it is released im not bothered what people say about it, i know it got alot of fluff in it and a few pages of rules to better run a themed army which is what i wanna do, im also hoping it might go into a bit detail about what shrines remain on the craftworld( colour schemes) and that kind of thing and with it being fluff heavy heres hoping lol.

post #84 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post

Midnight
Sure it could have been done with an SC to unlock them as troops, but the basic codex has everything you need to do that now: the Spiritseer. Take 1 and Wraithguard and Wraithblades are troops.

This book just takes the idea further with the ability to have a Wraithlord or Wraithknight warlord, a Runes of Battle Primaris that gives Wraithguard/Blade units in 12" Battlefocus and Furious Charge (S8, AP2 axes on the charge) and up to 5 Spiritseers in a single HQ slot.

This book doesn't replace what the main codex does, but it lets you take the idea even further and I like that.
post #85 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 11:01 AM

WadoW's Flag is: Spain

Hi all!

About the new Iyanden primaris psychic power for Runes of Battle, do you think that GW will give us Its psychic card for free into the codex supplement?

Else people, like me, that bought the power decks will feel a bite "scrappy" because we miss a card.

What do you think?

Kind regards!
post #86 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 12:58 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

WadoW - you used the word 'free' in relation to GW....
So the answer will be 2 letters, starts with N and ends in O.

I am the White Knight!

post #87 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
WadoW - you used the word 'free' in relation to GW....
So the answer will be 2 letters, starts with N and ends in O.
Yes, I thought on it after write it. "Free" and "GW" can't be in the same phrase.

My apologies for my heretic text, but I was imagining the Iyanden Codex into a plastic bag like the WD and a psychic power card loose moving up and down.

Perhaps you can obtain one for "free" "buying" the next month WD.
post #88 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 11:57 AM

From Warseer via BOLS:
Iyanden Book Confirmed Hard version - Page 9
Quote:
eldargal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgt/[email protected]
Just picked it up on my ipad; here are the main bits:

No rules for Iyanna. But...(see below)
Edit: ok the above isn't strictly true; there are two scenarios you can use her in. She's just a free upgrade to a spiritseer and gives you ML3. Can't use her in regular games.

Voice of Twilight: WC2
Blessing. Gives all friendly wraithguard, wraithblade, wraithlord and wraithknight models within 12" Battle Focus and Furious Charge.

Pretty nasty imo, but doesn't entirely make up for lack of conceal/reveal.

Warlord traits:
1 D3 re-rolls per game for the walord
2 Warlord and all units within 12" have FnP (6+)
3 Warlord and his unit have hatred
4 Warlord has the spirit mark rule. if he already has it he can mark 2 units per turn.
5 Warlord and his unit has +1 to deny the witch rolls
6 Warlord may re-roll failed saves. loses the ability once he suffers and unsaved wound

Celestial Lance
6" S8 AP2 Assault 1, Lance, Spirit Shatter (If it kills a character or MC, place the large blast marker over the slain model and all units (friend and foe) suffer a hit at the slain units toughness with AP -)
S+3 AP2 Melee, Impact, Lance, Spirit Shatter

Soulshrive
S3 AP2 Melee, Mastercrafted, Spiritstealer (+1S to every unsaved wound caused earlier in the game)

Wraithforge Stone
During each of your movement phases, nominate a single wraithknight/wraithlord within 6". On a 3+ they gain a lost wound.

Guardian Helm
Always passes LoS rolls in units of wraithguard/wraithblades and wraithguard/wraithblade models can accept challenges if in the same unit.

Spear of Teuthlas (psyker only) -------Iyannas weapon!!!!
18" S9 AP - Assault 1, Fleshbane, Rending
SUser Ap - Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Rending
So sort-of rules for Iyanna and everything else looks quite nice too.
Sadly no way to play Iyanna (only in the scenarios). This turns me very, very, very sad. I had the hope to can play an Iyanden themed army leaded by Iyanna.

To use her weapon in an "ordinary" spiritseer doesn't mean to play Iyanna. I wanted special rules from she, herself profile (W3, ML3...), and equip like the Armour of Vaul. No matter if She was taken one full HQ slot.

I'm very sad.

Last edited by WadoW; 06-14-13 at 12:10 PM.
post #89 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 03:48 AM
baron_sathonyx's Flag is: United Kingdom

a little annoyed with this book, i was very excited about getting the book but then i realized it is the same price as the codex for the physical copy and we are not really getting much for that price.(i could understand if it was a full iyanden codex and not just a supplement and i know people are going to say "well its GW what do you expect", i will tell you what i expect. i expect to be taken out to dinner before they screw me.)

"Death? You want death?
I'm afraid that would be far too boring.
post #90 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_sathonyx View Post
a little annoyed with this book, i was very excited about getting the book but then i realized it is the same price as the codex for the physical copy and we are not really getting much for that price.(i could understand if it was a full iyanden codex and not just a supplement and i know people are going to say "well its GW what do you expect", i will tell you what i expect. i expect to be taken out to dinner before they screw me.)
In the US the supplement book is $10USD cheaper. Also when you look at what GW has done for supplement books before this is right in line with that, and has more actual fluff and shiny pictures (and missions, and expanded rules for the army).

I don't agree when people claim that GW is screwing them. This book is 1,000% optional. You have everything you need in the main codex to play Iyanden, this just adds some more tweaks for those who want to take that a little further. You don't need it if you don't want it (unlike a codex which you NEED to have the most recent one for your army) so GW isn't screwing you.

It's a nice addition for those who want it, everyone else can be more than content with the regular book.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode