Iyanden Supplement Rumours Updated 3 June 2013 - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-10-13, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
kickboxerdog's Avatar
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: wiltshire
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 50
Default

aww ok so the supplement books avalible for pre order on sat, the reason i thought it was pre order sat just gone is because on the gw stratford facebook page, they posted last thursday "It is on 3 days till IYANDEN: Codex Supplement goes on pre-order in both a LIMITED EDITION and standard format"

https://www.facebook.com/GWStratford
kickboxerdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Barnster's Avatar
Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 18
Default

The reviews of the ipad version are not good

Average review is 1 star, with people saying they felt it was a complete rip off, and all the decent stuff like the seercouncil of spiritseers are ally ready known. Unsure whether I'm interested in getting it, its not exactly priced for the casual reader.
Barnster is offline  
post #73 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Creon's Avatar
Creon's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 4,166
Reputation: 16
Default

Then don't buy it if you don't want it. That the rules are "already known" isn'timportant. Whatisimportantis to havearules set that permits the "known" rules.
Creon is offline  
 
post #74 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
The reviews of the ipad version are not good

Average review is 1 star, with people saying they felt it was a complete rip off, and all the decent stuff like the seercouncil of spiritseers are ally ready known. Unsure whether I'm interested in getting it, its not exactly priced for the casual reader.
I'm curious what they were expecting to set the bar so high that it felt like a rip off.
Zion is offline  
post #75 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 08:17 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burning Depths of Hell
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'm curious what they were expecting to set the bar so high that it felt like a rip off.
More than 2 pages of rules for $40 perhaps...

What exactly is it that's worth the money in the supplement?

The fluff? Any BL book contains allot more for $10 or less.
The Art? I guess we are paying $5 per picture in it?
The Armies? Isn't that just advertisement for the models?
The Iyanden Rules? The rules themselves could have been a 2 page .pdf
The Expansion Rules? I dont think that many people play Planetstrike or whatever else rules there are in this book.

The reason people feel ripped off is because they were expecting this to be a codex supplement which allows you to field a Iyanden themed army in 40K.
I does this with 6 new Warlord Traits, 5 army special rules and 1 page of Iyanden wargear... all this for $40... It should have been a $10 .pdf...
MadCowCrazy is offline  
post #76 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 08:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Djinn24's Avatar
Djinn24's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 0
Default

If you play Iyanden then your paying for the ability to officially play the army. I would have rather seen a supplement more I'm lines with the Craftworld codex of 3rd edition. But it is what it is.
Djinn24 is offline  
post #77 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-11-13, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
More than 2 pages of rules for $40 perhaps...

What exactly is it that's worth the money in the supplement?

The fluff? Any BL book contains allot more for $10 or less.
The Art? I guess we are paying $5 per picture in it?
The Armies? Isn't that just advertisement for the models?
The Iyanden Rules? The rules themselves could have been a 2 page .pdf
The Expansion Rules? I dont think that many people play Planetstrike or whatever else rules there are in this book.

The reason people feel ripped off is because they were expecting this to be a codex supplement which allows you to field a Iyanden themed army in 40K.
I does this with 6 new Warlord Traits, 5 army special rules and 1 page of Iyanden wargear... all this for $40... It should have been a $10 .pdf...
So we're all upset that this isn't more than what GW did in 3rd Edition but with more pictures, fluff and actual colour? I mean I get that, but honestly 3rd ed was the bar and they passed that at least.

Supposibly this was a test book of sorts, so perhaps the books will get better in time, but honestly I don't think there was really all that much to be upset about on this except maybe the price point (though at least it is $10 less than the actual codex so the price, while a bit high, isn't nearly as bad as it could be).
Zion is offline  
post #78 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 09:53 AM
Junior Member
 
WadoW's Avatar
WadoW's Flag is: Spain
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Europe/Spain/Mallorca
Posts: 5
Reputation: 1
Default

Hi all!

Well, It's fine for me to allow to field an Iyanden themed army and to play it officially (thinking in tournaments). Background, illustrations, miniature photos, rules, special characters... everything it's right too and don't matter the prize (GW, take my money!)

It's true that It could be cheaper than its base codex (Eldar).
If I'm right, looking the eBook description on iTunes it has the equivalent of more than 100 printed pages. Then think that having the same amount of printed pages, it's "logical" that GW put the same prize that a codex.

Surely GW will give us supplement codex for factions that varies from the usual army. I can imagine some examples like: Black Templars as supplement codex from Space Marines codex; Maybe Death Korps of Krieg as supplement codex from Imperial Guard codex; etc.

You don't need to buy all supplements, you only will buy it if you really want to play this specific themed army.

Then, It's very expensive the supplement? Yes, it is, like codex.


Kind regards!
WadoW is offline  
post #79 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 12:18 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

I hope they don't release more supplements, despite the fact it doesn't affect me at all as a Dark Angels player. Lugging around a hardback Codex is already hard enough, and Codexes/dice/tape measures already clutter up the area enough without adding more hardbacks with minimal content (honestly, I'd just borrow it off a friend and write down the Warlord Table and the Wargear effects/points costs, screw the rest of the book). Most armies can already be done in their Codices without having to release a supplement (Space Marines have been alright with their SCs since the start of 5th, Grey Knights have Coteaz as a major build of Inquisition armies, Alaitoc can be done with Illic, Saim Hann is easy as Jetbikes are Troops and available to all HQs, Legions can be done with the Chaos Lord Cult Troop unlocks and the ability to take Marks on pretty much everything, Speed Freaks can be done with Wazdakka etc.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
post #80 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 12:47 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I hope they don't release more supplements, despite the fact it doesn't affect me at all as a Dark Angels player. Lugging around a hardback Codex is already hard enough, and Codexes/dice/tape measures already clutter up the area enough without adding more hardbacks with minimal content (honestly, I'd just borrow it off a friend and write down the Warlord Table and the Wargear effects/points costs, screw the rest of the book). Most armies can already be done in their Codices without having to release a supplement (Space Marines have been alright with their SCs since the start of 5th, Grey Knights have Coteaz as a major build of Inquisition armies, Alaitoc can be done with Illic, Saim Hann is easy as Jetbikes are Troops and available to all HQs, Legions can be done with the Chaos Lord Cult Troop unlocks and the ability to take Marks on pretty much everything, Speed Freaks can be done with Wazdakka etc.

Midnight
well if it doesnt impact you because you have a stand alone codex why would you hope they dont release suppliments for other stuff such as you have mentioned? thats a bit selfish of you, you may as well have come on here and said "fuck you pointy eared bastards lovers, i have my new standalone codex and its many different chapter specific plastic kits,you lot can kiss my entire bone coloured ass"



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome