Iyanden Supplement Rumours Updated 3 June 2013 - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 07:17 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
You can still include some nice pictures and art. But all the back log can be its own book. Such a waste of pages. You would still get all the stuff you want but each book would cost less so for the people who want just one or the other they don't have to shell out all that money and only need half the book.
but chaos you could say that about anything, we could cut apples in half and charge a little more than half for each half because some people cant afford a whole apple or dont eat all of one,the codex supplement is a "nice to have" not a requirement to play, you can field a perfectly good eldar army with yellow bodies and blue hats using the Eldar codex as it stands.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 09:12 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Commorragh?
So we aren't in Kansas anymore....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #53 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 12:59 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
So we aren't in Kansas anymore....?
thats right Dorothy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #54 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 01:55 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
but chaos you could say that about anything, we could cut apples in half and charge a little more than half for each half because some people cant afford a whole apple or dont eat all of one,the codex supplement is a "nice to have" not a requirement to play, you can field a perfectly good eldar army with yellow bodies and blue hats using the Eldar codex as it stands.
Trust me B&K I get where your coming from and your right its not a MUST have but I still disagree with the pricing for something so minimal.

For example if GW is going to put out say 5 supplements for the Eldar, they could have put a nice book of back story together with those 5 supplements. then have 5 small books with rules and pictures for the people who just play the game.

That way you can buy both if you want too, or if you can only afford bits at a time you can do that too.

I wont support these supplements the way they are I would much rather borrow them for the 10-15 pages I actually need.

Last edited by Zion; 06-04-13 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Uhh...No. Just...no.
post #55 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 02:05 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I actually am looking forward to the supplement. For three reasons. 1) I like Iyanden fluff. 2) I want to see it succeed, as fluffy rules light additions to books are fun. And I want to encourage GW to do more of it. 3) Wraithknight HQ? I'm There!
post #56 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Trust me B&K I get where your coming from and your right its not a MUST have but I still disagree with the pricing for something so minimal.
I disagree on both counts. The supplement is 121 pages long. That actually makes it longer than the actual codex itself. Additionally, they're providing Altar of War, an iPad only DLC for codexes to date, included. That means for something larger than the codex it is still the same cost, along with additional content that runs for an additional $7.99 USD.

I'm going to have to say that looks like a pretty fair deal to me.

Quote:
For example if GW is going to put out say 5 supplements for the Eldar, they could have put a nice book of back story together with those 5 supplements. then have 5 small books with rules and pictures for the people who just play the game.
Again, I still disagree. This is obviously designed to pander to people who like Iyanden, want to play a "proper" Iyanden army and that's fine. I'm sure some crunch players will get their fill out of this too, but it's something that isn't geared towards the average player, but rather someone who feels strongly about their army theme.

And not only is that okay, it's frikkin' awesome. Consider the possibility for the big factions to have all those flavoured armies out there. Proper representation for White Scars, Imperial Fists and so on. Could you collect every single one of these books in addition to the codex? Sure, but it's really meant for the players of those specific armies who want to take playing their army's theme a step further. People who want to do more than just play Marines who are painted Yellow and call them Imperial Fists but who want to actual rules to get the proper "feel" of their army on the table.

Quote:
That way you can buy both if you want too, or if you can only afford bits at a time you can do that too.

I wont support these supplements the way they are I would much rather borrow them for the 10-15 pages I actually need.
These expansions are made primarilly for the player who wants to make their army just a bit more "fluffy" and flavourful. I see this as an exceptionally good thing. Sure some crunchier players will pick them up here and there, but splitting the book just seems unnecessary because you're making the ones who want an army that's just a bit more fluffy to pay more to field it than the crunch player who only buys the rules.

Besides, I don't hear people complaining that they only want the rules in their codexes or FW books, so I don't see why we need to suddenly switch here.

EDIT: Forgot that 121 is the number of pages in the supplement on the iPad. Rumours are claiming 32 pages for the hardback.

Last edited by Zion; 06-04-13 at 08:26 PM.
post #57 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
3) Wraithknight HQ? I'm There!
Not HQ, just able to make one your warlord. Difference.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #58 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 02:57 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Well, maybe, still a great option. with spiritseers being inexpensive in points, still works out.
post #59 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 02:57 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Pre-Orders for the LE and standard book will start June 15th apparently. (from FLGW staff)

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #60 of 100 (permalink) Old 06-08-13, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Well with us on the cusp of the supplement being released on iPad on the 8th it's no surprise that we have stuff coming out of /tg/. Here's what they claim has been leaked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tg/
Voice of Twilight: WC2
Blessing. Gives all friendly wraithguard, wraithblade, wraithlord and wraithknight models within 12" Battle Focus and Furious Charge.

Heres the Warlord Traits

Warlord traits:
1 D3 re-rolls per game for the walord
2 Warlord and all units within 12" have FnP (6+)
3 Warlord and his unit have hatred
4 Warlord has the spirit mark rule. if he already has it he can mark 2 units per turn.
5 Warlord and his unit has +1 to deny the witch rolls
6 Warlord may re-roll failed saves. loses the ability once he suffers and unsaved wound

And new Wargear

Celestial Lance
6" S8 AP2 Assault 1, Lance, Spirit Shatter (If it kills a character or MC, place the large blast marker over the slain model and all units (friend and foe) suffer a hit at the slain units toughness with AP -)
S+3 AP2 Melee, Impact, Lance, Spirit Shatter

Wraithforge Stone
During each of your movement phases, nominate a single wraithknight/wraithlord within 6". On a 3+ they gain a lost wound.

Guardian Helm
Always passes LoS rolls in units of wraithguard/wraithblades and wraithguard/wraithblade models can accept challenges if in the same unit.

Spear of Teuthlas (psyker only) -------Iyannas weapon!!!!
18" S9 AP - Assault 1, Fleshbane, Rending
SUser Ap - Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Rending

Soulshrive
S3 AP2 Melee, Mastercrafted, Spiritstealer (+1S to every unsaved wound caused earlier in the game)
There you go. No idea how accurate this is, but that's how rumours are. That should give you an idea if you want this book or not though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode